Like Tree2Likes

Vietnamese Wife, baby on the way

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vietnamese Wife, baby on the way

Hi all..

I'm a Hong Kong and Canadian passport holder residing in Vietnam. My wife and I have recently signed the marriage certificate in Hong Kong and have applied for a dependant visa for her so we can them to Hong Kong and visit my family. Her visa was rejected because I do not work in Hong Kong at the moment. Is there any other way I can obtain a long term visa for her so we would be able to travel to HK easily?

Also... We recently found out that she is expecting. We were planning on having the baby in HK, but if there was no other way to obtain a visa for her, then we would have no choice but to have the baby in Vietnam. Is there a way to either obtain HK passport for the baby? Or Canadian?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I think the short answer is going to be no.

How do you even have two passports? I thought HK didnt permit dual citizenship?

Actually i think that my question is relating to foreigners applying for Hk passport not vice versa so ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I think the short answer is going to be no.

How do you even have two passports? I thought HK didnt permit dual citizenship?

Actually i think that my question is relating to foreigners applying for Hk passport not vice versa so ignore me.
    People with HK passports can obtain additional citizenships but non-Chinese foreigners cannot apply for an HK passport.

Sorry but a big NO.Get a job 1st, kick 300K HKD on your bank account and try again after 3 months (And let your wife to travel from CA or EU to HK ).

Quote Originally Posted by djlpio:
    Hi all..

I'm a Hong Kong and Canadian passport holder residing in Vietnam. My wife and I have recently signed the marriage certificate in Hong Kong and have applied for a dependant visa for her so we can them to Hong Kong and visit my family. Her visa was rejected because I do not work in Hong Kong at the moment. Is there any other way I can obtain a long term visa for her so we would be able to travel to HK easily?

Also... We recently found out that she is expecting. We were planning on having the baby in HK, but if there was no other way to obtain a visa for her, then we would have no choice but to have the baby in Vietnam. Is there a way to either obtain HK passport for the baby? Or Canadian?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Do you have money? Best more than 800k HKD I'd say. Enough to support both of you in the eyes of the Immigration department even if you don't have a job. Put the money in a HK bank account in your name and claim you are living at a friend's/relative's place. Have them write a supporting letter to that extend. Then apply for the visa again. It's not illegal to change your mind and move back to Vietnam after you've gotten the visa, who knew finding a job in HK would be so challenging and those oh so annoying relatives

[QUOTE=mrgoodkat;3683463]Do you have money? Best more than 800k HKD/QUOTE]

Are you joking?

[QUOTE=resurection;3683464]

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Do you have money? Best more than 800k HKD/QUOTE]

Are you joking?
    Why would I? That's only around 100k USD and will surely get OP a dependent visa. Who knows what he does for a living

If you are a Chinese national, so will be your child, unless your wife gives birth in Canada.
    Vietnam is ok, as you are not settled there

[QUOTE=mrgoodkat;3683465]

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:

Why would I? That's only around 100k USD and will surely get OP a dependent visa. Who knows what he does for a living
    250K HKD is more than enough.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

You have a lot of research to do.
    If you want to obtain Canadian passport for your child.... then you need to start making lists of things that you need to do with Canadian government.

Start here:

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children/birth-abroad

FAQ: I am Canadian but my children were born outside Canada. Are they Canadian?
    https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...qnum=365&top=5

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast