Like Tree4Likes

Letter sent from a central, regional or local government department

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Letter sent from a central, regional or local government department

Hello!

Maybe someone will have a good idea for me here, I am trying to renew a British passport here in Hong Kong, and I need to prove may address and the only option I think I can take is to produce a letter sent to me from a central, regional or local government department.

Can anyone think of a good way to get such a letter sent to me? Something I can apply for or some information I can request?

I am an ID holder, here on a spouse visa, so do not have an employer here but am legit.

Any ideas appreciated.

Your mobile phone bill?

Quote Originally Posted by sweagles:
    Hello!

Maybe someone will have a good idea for me here, I am trying to renew a British passport here in Hong Kong, and I need to prove may address and the only option I think I can take is to produce a letter sent to me from a central, regional or local government department.

Can anyone think of a good way to get such a letter sent to me? Something I can apply for or some information I can request?

I am an ID holder, here on a spouse visa, so do not have an employer here but am legit.

Any ideas appreciated.
    Letter from your employer?

you have no bills/statement in your name that is sent to your apartment?? i just used my bank statement when I renewed my British Passport.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Letter from your employer?

so do not have an employer here
    East_coast likes this.

I do have bills with my name, but from the terminology used in the application, i assumed they wouldn't do the trick.

Here's the text from the application:

And 1 of the following from the last 12 months, that shows your name and address and/or residency:

• letter from your employer . (Not employed in HK)
    • medical card (Nope, do we even have these here?)
    • letter from your local council or a government department
    • voter’s card (nope)
    • visa or residence permit (a colour photocopy will do) (Visa is more than 12 months old)
    • education record for example a school report (Not unless they accept a merit mark from 1993)
    • immigration documents (all older than 12 months)

I do have bills with my name, but from the terminology used in the application, i assumed they wouldn't do the trick.

Here's the text from the application:

And 1 of the following from the last 12 months, that shows your name and address and/or residency:

• letter from your employer . (Not employed in HK)
    • medical card (Nope, do we even have these here?)
    • letter from your local council or a government department
    • voter’s card (nope)
    • visa or residence permit (a colour photocopy will do) (Visa is more than 12 months old)
    • education record for example a school report (Not unless they accept a merit mark from 1993)
    • immigration documents (all older than 12 months)
    Have you registered to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Have you registered to vote?

Not sure of my voting eligibility to be honest, facepalm suggests not.

Gas bill, electricity bill, phone bill, bank statement, credit card statement

Or apply to vote, then you'll have an official government rejection letter with your address

CharSiuNow likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast