I know this is not the right forum to ask but I can't find a similar Geoexpat forum for Singapore. Just wondering if anyone has experience applying for Long-Term Visit Pass for your parent to visit/stay in Singapore on a longer-term basis.

My wife is Singapore PR and we are trying to get a LTVP for her father. Apparently from the ICA website, it states that D/E card is necessary. Does this mean the applicant (her father) has to be in Singapore first before such an application can be submitted?

Any recent experience & advice highly welcome.