Like Tree35Likes

Activating a Visa During Quarantine / Border Closures

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Wish I had found this thread sooner!
    I had gone to immigration tower early April when all the borders had just started to shut and they told me to ring the hotline.

The only advice they gave me at the time was to ‘try’ my luck at the Zhu hai border.

Update...

I rang on Monday and the officer that day was pretty good, and seemed on the ball. took my number and application details and said he would flag it as urgent and someone would call me back.

It's now Friday and I haven't heard back yet.
    So i rang again today, but a different officer I spoke to said it was highly unlikely as my visa meant i had to leave the country but she took my details anyway.

*sigh* nothing I can do but wait I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnielyn:
    Update...

I rang on Monday and the officer that day was pretty good, and seemed on the ball. took my number and application details and said he would flag it as urgent and someone would call me back.

It's now Friday and I haven't heard back yet.
    So i rang again today, but a different officer I spoke to said it was highly unlikely as my visa meant i had to leave the country but she took my details anyway.

*sigh* nothing I can do but wait I suppose!
    Hi,

Are you currently employed or holding an employment contract by your employer?

Have you tried sending your application with the endorsement letter by your employer stating that it is urgent for you to activate it in Hong Kong as you need to be employed by them as soon as possible ?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gohkevin:
    Hi,

Are you currently employed or holding an employment contract by your employer?

Have you tried sending your application with the endorsement letter by your employer stating that it is urgent for you to activate it in Hong Kong as you need to be employed by them as soon as possible ?

Thank you.
    Hi so i haven't sent it in per se, but i have prepared those documents as per advice from the other users who said the officer would ring me to ask for these!

Should i send them in anyway?

Thanks!

Hi so i haven't sent it in per se, but i have prepared those documents as per advice from the other users who said the officer would ring me to ask for these!

Should i send them in anyway?

Thanks!
    Hi,

I think you can try sending them. I haven’t gotten my visa activated too they told me I have to wait but mine still has some time before it expires.

Thanks
    Last edited by gohkevin; 22-05-2020 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Grammar

Hi,

Ah that's interesting to know.

For the others who have had success, what sort of time frames were you in with regards to the employment visa activation window expiring?

Thanks all!

Did you get your case officer's details? You need to be persistent and desperate and explain why it is you cannot leave. For me, it would involve flying home to the UK where things are much worse and put my health and my family's health at risk

Quote Originally Posted by caitlinrose:
    Did you get your case officer's details?
    No luck! i keep asking what my case officer details are and they said they would get someone to call me back......
    I have also tried emailing to ask.

Any other tips and tricks?

No luck! i keep asking what my case officer details are and they said they would get someone to call me back......
    I have also tried emailing to ask.

Any other tips and tricks?
    When was your visa approved, was it a while ago? I went to immigration 24th floor and essentially begged for activation here and after a few 'no that's not possible', they said the only thing I can do is call my case officer. He took my passport number, searched for their details and provided me her name and phone number there and then. I called her directly and went from there.

The only benefit was that I did this a few days after my visa was approved which I guess showed the urgency. If your visa was approved a while ago, that might be why you're not getting anywhere but keep being persistent. Don't just take no for an answer but be polite with them and keep asking what you can do.

It was approved ages ago.. about 2 weeks after it was approved i went to immigration tower and got nowhere.

they called me and i asked them over the phone what i could do and they advised me to just sit tight as i had a long time to go.....
    i might go in to level 24 next Monday and see what they say.

Thank you again.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast