Like Tree36Likes

Activating a Visa During Quarantine / Border Closures

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Hi Gohkevin,

May I ask for more details on this? you pmed me that you are activating for IANG visa which is different from work visa, so I am interested in it.

Are you approaching your case officer of IANG? Do you need anything from employer like letter?

Thank you.

Hi guys and gals,

Can anyone give me some advice please.

I am in same situation as other. I have been on tourist visa for 2 months now and have finally got my 24 month employment visa.

The standard answer to activate it is leave and return to HK.

I went through process a week ago of writing a letter personnel and from company pleading they activate the visa while in HK.

I waited over a week now and upon phoning my case officer he still advices me to leave HK.

There is no logic to this situation.. they extend my visa due to unsafe traveling conditions but want me to exit HK to activate a visa.

How can I esculate my situation? I feel my case officer is not very helpful and not willing to push my case forward. I don't have the luxury to keep extending my tourist visa while waiting weeks or even months with no certainty of an answer.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Hi,

I showed them my employment contract as a way to show my urgency to activate my work visa and I am unable to leave Hong Kong. It was 3 days before my travel visa expired and upon understanding the urgency the immigration processed my visa.

It was from travel visa to IANG visa.

Thanks. Let me know if you have anything else.

Matthew1989 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gohkevin:
    Hi,

I showed them my employment contract as a way to show my urgency to activate my work visa and I am unable to leave Hong Kong. It was 3 days before my travel visa expired and upon understanding the urgency the immigration processed my visa.

It was from travel visa to IANG visa.

Thanks. Let me know if you have anything else.
    Thanks gohkevin,

Which floor did you go to with your employment contract and what exactly did you say? How did you explain you are unable to leave HK?

I have already been with my company for 1 year on working holiday visa.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7