Like Tree11Likes

Quitting job with remaining work visa - traveling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    (but you usually need both to apply for an ID card).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamong
    Then how could people enter HK with just HKID without the HKID having your VISA information...?
    See above.

You keep the same HKID/number always, only the limit of stay is removed when you apply for a permanent ID card.
    rkenia852 likes this.

Omg thank you so much! I will definitely do that next time Do you think I can sync that at the immigration office as well?
    Not sure.

Mine was done that the airport by Immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    The visa is tied to the passport.

The HKID is not linked to either a visa or passport (but you usually need both to apply for an ID card).
    You are likely correct emx with regards to the data sync issue as the new entry requirements require both the HKID and a valid non-tourist visa.

@Jamong - The point remains the same. It isn't a problem. Immigration will sort out for you.
    Jamong likes this.

Just go to Immigration Tower. They are helpful and will fix it. Given the current situation and your personal circumstances, it is better to have a working HKID at reentry instead of one that doesn't work and then negotiating/explaining to Immigration officers when you are coming back.

Jamong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rkenia852
    Just go to Immigration Tower. They are helpful and will fix it. Given the current situation and your personal circumstances, it is better to have a working HKID at reentry instead of one that doesn't work and then negotiating/explaining to Immigration officers when you are coming back.
    Limited services at IMMD with all the work from home arrangements... but no harm trying.

Omg thank you so much! I will definitely do that next time Do you think I can sync that at the immigration office as well?
    you can do it at IMMD in Wan Chai. This is not an uncommon occurrence.
    Jamong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    you can do it at IMMD in Wan Chai. This is not an uncommon occurrence.
    Thank you so much! I will visit there to see if they are available to sync it for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2