The gap you mention is trivial ; you were in between visas. Hong Kong immigration is much more practical and flexible than that.

You should have no problems with this gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Stheodora
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone of you have ever applied for PR and succeeded on the basis that you accidentally broke the 7 years chain.

Brief background on my case:
I am a foreigner (non-mainland) hk resident and have been in hk since August 2014. (Almost 6 years). During my first 4 years I resided in hk under student visa. My student visa was due to expire in 18 aug 2018. Once I finished my final term in June 2018, I went home abroad for 3 months n came back to hk on 23rd august 2018. By that time my student visa already expired and I came back to hk under tourist visa.

During these 3 months I already applied for IANG (Immigration Arrangemnents for Non-Local Graduates) visa and my application was approved on 13 August 2018 (before my student visa expired).
i also Secured a signed job offer on 5th feb 2018 if this is relevant.

However, as i came on tourist visa, i needed to activate the new working visa (IANG) by getting out of hk and came back to do so. I did it on 8 Sep 18. So between 23 august and 8 sep 2018, I was technically not a hk resident.

My question is, does this make me ineligible to apply for a PR, once i make the 7 year mark of being an hk resident, or will the immigration officer judge it based on the weight of all facts that i have been residing in hk lawfully for these 7 years notwithstanding the fact that I accidentally broke the chain on an insignificant period of time?

apppreciate your thought on this. Thanks!