Like Tree4Likes

Dependent Visa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have already been issued an employment visa so are saying as I suspected currently not processing dependent visas?

Thanks

May i ask, im domestic helper I born my child here in hongkon and now hes permanent residentmy son just seven 7 years old.. If ever my employer will break my contract is there possible that i can stay here more in hk or just visiting my son verry often and how long that i can stay in hk for visit?

Switgirl83, there is no special visa category to visit your permanent resident child.

But when your child is grown up, and you are over 60, the child can sponsor you to live in Hong Kong with them.

Otherwise, for visiting, it is the normal limit of stay for your nationality. E.g. 14 days for Filipinos, 30 days for Indonesians (see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_p...ng#Visa_exempt )

Exception: you could write a letter, requesting the immigration department exceptionally give you a longer limit of stay for visiting your child, and showing evidence you have enough money and a place to stay. But it is not certain whether they will agree.

Switgirl83 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Switgirl83:
    May i ask, im domestic helper I born my child here in hongkon and now hes permanent residentmy son just seven 7 years old.. If ever my employer will break my contract is there possible that i can stay here more in hk or just visiting my son verry often and how long that i can stay in hk for visit?
    Your only hope is to marry a HK Permanent resident and get a dependant visa if you want to stay longer in HK (edit: thats if your single) otherwise you will only get short stay like waiming said above.
    Last edited by chuckster007; 15-04-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    Switgirl83 likes this.

Hi . So sorry . I want to ask about dependant visa too. If you don’t mind to answer if you know it . My husband is British but already hongkong permanent resident. At the moment he isn’t working or no job . So no income monthly, But he have enough saving money . Is he still ok be my sponsor. To get dependant visa for me . Thank you so much