Working holiday visa and Permanent residency

Working holiday visa and Permanent residency

Hello everyone.

I came to Hong Kong in 2015 with a working holiday visa. Then I always renew my work visa every year working as a teacher. In 2022 I will get the chance to apply for PR. I was just wondering if my first year with a working holiday visa counts in order to get permanent residency.

Regards

I don't think the WHV scheme is considered a normal residency, as it is technically a enhanced holiday visa. Another hint is that it does not make you eligible for free medical at the hospitals.

I could be wrong... worth checking with IMMD on [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1988:
    Hello everyone.

I came to Hong Kong in 2015 with a working holiday visa. Then I always renew my work visa every year working as a teacher. In 2022 I will get the chance to apply for PR. I was just wondering if my first year with a working holiday visa counts in order to get permanent residency.

Regards
    check with immigration, nothing to lose,

ghk

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I don't think the WHV scheme is considered a normal residency, as it is technically a enhanced holiday visa. Another hint is that it does not make you eligible for free medical at the hospitals.

I could be wrong... worth checking with IMMD on [email protected]
    does it not make you eligible for a HKID card and thereafter for rights to use the public health system? (Working holiday visa) thanks!