Like Tree35Likes

Can you enter HK with a HKID (no stars)?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Can you enter HK with a HKID (no stars)?

Does anyone know if you can enter HK now with a HKID with zero stars?

My sister is looking to go, she got her ID renewed back in 2009 and then got her new one last summer, the upgraded one.

Her ID begins with P807 xxx (x)
    On the back of the card it just says "for a person of the age of 18 or over".

Front says Hong Kong identity card, not permanent resident. She has a British passport, born there, parents from HK, the usual.

Cheers

Yes she can, Sounds like she has RTL so can live and work with no restrictions.

She needs to do 7 years continuous to change to Permanent

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Yes she can, Sounds like she has RTL so can live and work with no restrictions.

She needs to do 7 years continuous to change to Permanent

Do you know other people with the sane type of HKID with zero stars that got in without any problems.

My sis emailed HK immigration and also sent photos of her ID card, back and front.. they replied below:

Please note that under the Immigration Ordinance, a person may not land in Hong Kong without the permission of the officers of the Immigration Department (“ImmD”) unless he has the right of abode or the right to land in the HKSAR, or he may land in Hong Kong without such permission (such as members of crew of aircraft). The symbol 'R' on the smart identity card indicates that the holder has the right to land in the HKSAR.

Furthermore, with effect from 25 March 2020, the following measures (spouses and minor children of Hong Kong residents may be exempted) will be implemented until further notice:

- All non-Hong Kong residents coming from overseas countries and regions by plane will be denied entry to Hong Kong;

My sister's card does not have a 'R' and she doesn't have a HK passport so that makes her a non-resident no?
    She just wants to make sure cuz the plane tickets are super expensive and she's without a job at the mo lol

What are the characters on the line under her DOB? These are the most important piece of info (although if she was born in HK her immigration status may not be the same as what's on the ID)

shri and chodaboy like this.

Under her date of birth says date of issue.

Some other people she asked gave her different answers, some said she can enter, and others said she will returned back to where she came from.

Your sister seems to have her HK I/C card issued around 1997. If her card bears 'RZ' or 'RO' just below her date of birth then She can enter Hong Kong and live, work, start business or study here. She can even apply for dependent visa for her spouse, children under 18 and parents of age 60 or above if she can financially support them. She can also have HK permanent I/C after 7 years continuous stay and declaration of having taken HK as her permanent place of residence.

chodaboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Narayani3353:
    Your sister seems to have her HK I/C card issued around 1997. If her card bears 'RZ' or 'RO' just below her date of birth then She can enter Hong Kong and live, work, start business or study here. She can even apply for dependent visa for her spouse, children under 18 and parents of age 60 or above if she can financially support them. She can also have HK permanent I/C after 7 years continuous stay and declaration of having taken HK as her permanent place of residence.
    A friend of my sister has the exact same card as her, and she lived and worked in HK for a few years before with no problems, she could also go to Macau using the ID card. Only thing she couldn't do is go to Mainland because she doesn't have that return home permit card.

Her card doesn't have any of the things you stated, RZ or RO.
    The card states the following from top to bottom:

Hong Kong Identity Card

Name -> Hologram sticker with ID number inside it

Photo -> 12 digits
    Date of birth
    Xx-xx-xxxx 女F -> small hologram photo of her
    Date of issue
    (Xx-xx)
    Xx-xx-xx -> P807xxx (x)

Back:
    HK circle logo
    Chip
    For a person of the age of 18 or over.

That's all it says. The people from immigration still haven't replied to her last message yet.

Edit: she just told me she got it in June or July of 1998.

This is typically what the ID card will look like and the meanings of the characters below the date of birth.

Name:  Screenshot_20200518-225049.png
Views: 1800
Size:  272.3 KB

chodaboy likes this.

What does it say on her ID in place of ***AZ under the date of birth as you can see in the photo

Name:  2018_onward_HKID_front (1)~2.png
Views: 1704
Size:  191.6 KB

chodaboy likes this.

Look at the card again. If no symbols it's a fake and no you can't enter hk with a fake id card. Even old cards have symbols , see:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_identity_card

Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy:
    A friend of my sister has the exact same card as her, and she lived and worked in HK for a few years before with no problems, she could also go to Macau using the ID card. Only thing she couldn't do is go to Mainland because she doesn't have that return home permit card.

Her card doesn't have any of the things you stated, RZ or RO.
    The card states the following from top to bottom:

Hong Kong Identity Card

Name -> Hologram sticker with ID number inside it

Photo -> 12 digits
    Date of birth
    Xx-xx-xxxx 女F -> small hologram photo of her
    Date of issue
    (Xx-xx)
    Xx-xx-xx -> P807xxx (x)

Back:
    HK circle logo
    Chip
    For a person of the age of 18 or over.

That's all it says. The people from immigration still haven't replied to her last message yet.

Edit: she just told me she got it in June or July of 1998.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast