Like Tree1Likes

work permit extension: requirement of supporting letter from current employer

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

work permit extension: requirement of supporting letter from current employer

On the HK Immigration website, it says:

'Supporting letter from the current employer stating the applicant’s position, total monthly remuneration and period of employment'

Could anyone advise how to state the period of employment if there is no end date for the employment? Thanks!

Hello there, I got advice from an expert and I was advised to put: at your discretion.

I usually just state "Employment is continuous and ongoing"

MABinPengChau likes this.

In all my visa extensions (4) on the letter from the employer it was written : "Please be advised that Mr "X" is currently employed by "Y" since "date" in the position of "Z" and his monthly salary is xxx.
    Never had an issue and always approved immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    I usually just state "Employment is continuous and ongoing"
    Thanks! I meant on the form ID91, there is a column that you need to put an exact date, and I was advised to put at your discretion, instead of an exact date.

Quote Originally Posted by etienne43:
    In all my visa extensions (4) on the letter from the employer it was written : "Please be advised that Mr "X" is currently employed by "Y" since "date" in the position of "Z" and his monthly salary is xxx.
    Never had an issue and always approved immediately.
    Thank you!

I heard that you can never submit your extension application earlier than 4 weeks before expiration. Was it the case? Does Wanchai take walk in applications prior to four weeks before expiration?

Just book an appointment on the immigration website, you can book it maximum 1 month before you work visa finish. By making an appointment, its very easy and fast, just need to give your document when arriving and wait maybe 15min that the case officer call you...

And for the date on the form, just add a date in 2 years, for example if your working visa finish on 01/07/2020 then you write 01/07/2022 as this is the maximum they will give

Quote Originally Posted by etienne43:
    Just book an appointment on the immigration website, you can book it maximum 1 month before you work visa finish. By making an appointment, its very easy and fast, just need to give your document when arriving and wait maybe 15min that the case officer call you...
    Thanks! Just don't want a break in the visa, so wanted to apply earlier to be safe, but it seems not doable. So I will make an appointment online for a date which is with 4 weeks then.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast