Like Tree9Likes

HKPR application question

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by honghwang:
    if I am thinking of resigning from my job (for a career break)
    would you recommend I resign once I have the temporary paper HKPR ID card, or wait until I have the "real" one?
    Once you have the Paper one its already real, u can even leave HK on it

What supporting docs do they ask for besides a completed form? A copy of the passport page showing the entry stamp at the beginning of the 7 years?

Hi,

Based on your dates below, you can submit your application online now. If your visas have been back to back, they wouldn't ask much more documents. Appointment won't be confirmed before 7 year mark hits ; but applying a bit earlier helps you confirm a date which is ar or near that 7 year mark. Many of us have done that.

After online application they either directly post you an appointment letter or ask for more documents.

Once you receive your appointment, you can go to IMMD website and change your appointment to an earlier date.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by honghwang:
    if I am thinking of resigning from my job (for a career break)
    would you recommend I resign once I have the temporary paper HKPR ID card, or wait until I have the "real" one?
    honghwang likes this.

Thanks for all your help!

I just filled in the online application. It only asked for my application (ROP 145) and HKID copy.

I had prepared the ROP 146 ( Declaration of Having Taken Hong Kong as Only Place of Permanent Residence)
    and other additional documents like employment verification letter and passport visa stamps etc. but there was no window to attach these.

Will this be requested at as a follow up, or have I missed it in my online application?

Was thinking to go drop these in at immigration but don't want to confuse them or duplicate my application...

Thank you!

Just sit tight, you've done your part.

shri, emx and honghwang like this.