Dual Afghan / British national - am I excluded from Hong Kong?

Closed Thread

Dual Afghan / British national - am I excluded from Hong Kong?

I immigrated to the UK in 1999 from Afghanistan and obtained British citizenship a few years later.

I read the guidebook for "Employment as Professional" visa and it seems to explicitly exclude Afghan nationals.

However the forms only have space for 1 nationality.

I've never renounced Afghan citizenship as my parents are very against it. Does that mean I'm excluded from Hong Kong, or can I select a single nationality with which to apply (British)? I don't even see a way to declare a second one, or whether the rules would exclude me in that case.

Can anyone shed any light on how these dual nationalities are handled under HK immigration law? I can find no information about it.

Off course you put British as your citizenship as you will be using your British Passport I assume for the work visa application in HK.

It excludes Afghan nationals, but you are more than one country’s National.
    If they wanted to ban dual nationals that also have Afghan nationality then they would ask in that form for other nationalities.

Yes. No need to mention your Afghan nationality anywhere.

I'm a dual national. I just picked one and used that. Not an issue.

Ah that's very encouraging, especially if others with dual nationality are able to pick whichever they like.

Thanks for the replies.