Like Tree88Likes

2020 June+ Work Visa Processing Time

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Things seem to be moving on the visa front, a good friend of mine just had his approved yesterday, although his situation is not typical.

This will be his 4th term in HK over the last 20 yrs (with the same employer each time)
    Naturally he has a HKID but never made PR
    He owns property here
    His ex wife and child are here (but defo not giving him any dependants status!)
    Works for a big bank
    His employer used a consultant (PWC) to get the processing done asap

All in the process took a month, however it's broken down like this:
    1st application sent by mail from the UK never arrived (probably)
    10 days later 2nd application was sent by DHL
    3 days later DHL report delivered
    7 days later - HK Immigration officially acknowledge receipt of his application
    1 week later, visa is approved

Now awaiting arrival of the visa sent to the UK.

TeahB likes this.

Submitted my work visa application in person on 19 Aug, then came the disruptions to the immigration office. We put in a couple of urgent requests, and I got my confirmation today. So 3ish weeks in total.

Last edited by mich14; 10-09-2020 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo
    TeahB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maurovegas:
    I submitted a dependent visa application in early June. I found out over the phone this Tuesday that they will be requesting additional evidence and documentation, however, per the current policy they aren't allowed to mail out the request even though the case officer is back in the office. This is so frustrating!
    For our dependant visa application, I received a letter asking for additional documents (letter sent out on Aug 28 but received in the mail 10 days later). To my confusion, with the exception of photos, all of the documents requested had already been provided in the original application. Nonetheless, I submitted all the requested documents again the very next day. I just called the case officer to check the status and she told me it would take another 6 weeks (?!) even though the original application was submitted in the first week of July.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or is the case officer just quoting general answer to such queries?
    TeahB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by heartandhymn:
    For our dependant visa application, I received a letter asking for additional documents (letter sent out on Aug 28 but received in the mail 10 days later). To my confusion, with the exception of photos, all of the documents requested had already been provided in the original application. Nonetheless, I submitted all the requested documents again the very next day. I just called the case officer to check the status and she told me it would take another 6 weeks (?!) even though the original application was submitted in the first week of July.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or is the case officer just quoting general answer to such queries?

Hi, just for your information, I'm having the same issues with a normal work visa application. They are asking for documents we've already sent the first time around. Actually they've done this 3 times now. For some reasons they seem to be finding all the reasons to delay the process. My HR and Visa agency are saying it's because the huge amount of maids' Visas holding up everyone else's application. If they ask for a document then the clock resets and they don't need to adhere to the "normal" timeline. Lol. Such a joke. I've had to extend my Visitor.
    TeahB likes this.

Post My GEP working visa expiration

My working visa will expired this coming December 25, Is it too early to apply extension of working visa in this period?

Yes, too early. They don’t accept it any earlier than one month before unless you have special reasons they can accommodate (which given the current backlog looks unlikely).

Very similar situation to mine. The document request I received also lists documents that I have previously submitted. I was also told that it will take another 4-6 weeks once they receive the documents.

TeahB likes this.

Hi guys,

Just to add another case to the pile. My partner and I got locked out of the country when the border got closed for tourists in spring. We were abroad for a sabbatical after two years of intense work in HK and prior to starting our new jobs. The plan was to return as tourists and apply for new visas while in HK. Well, 3 days before our flight the border gets shut and we can't return. In HK we have: apartment, all of our possessions, jobs and friends. And 7 months later we still can't come home!

We've applied for new work visas mid July. To this day there's no word on my case. My partner was asked to submit extra paperwork six weeks after the application date and since then - no updates. Not even a time frame for processing.

To say this has been frustrating, is to say nothing at all.

We were really hopeful when the third wave subsided and the reopened Immigration department, but it doesn't seem like cases are moving since then either.

What a complete disaster.

Applied: Jul 19
    Extra docs requested: Sep 7
    Today: Sep 26 - application status unknown

Last edited by Yulia Ezhikova; 26-09-2020 at 03:38 PM.
    TeahB likes this.

Lightbulb Update

I have summited change of employee on 10 th of sep 2020

its been almost 6 weeks no response from them . no additional document request yet.

Is anyone got approved application that submitted on September 2020?

TeahB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia Ezhikova:
    Hi guys,

Just to add another case to the pile. My partner and I got locked out of the country when the border got closed for tourists in spring. We were abroad for a sabbatical after two years of intense work in HK and prior to starting our new jobs. The plan was to return as tourists and apply for new visas while in HK. Well, 3 days before our flight the border gets shut and we can't return. In HK we have: apartment, all of our possessions, jobs and friends. And 7 months later we still can't come home!

We've applied for new work visas mid July. To this day there's no word on my case. My partner was asked to submit extra paperwork six weeks after the application date and since then - no updates. Not even a time frame for processing.

To say this has been frustrating, is to say nothing at all.

We were really hopeful when the third wave subsided and the reopened Immigration department, but it doesn't seem like cases are moving since then either.

What a complete disaster.

Applied: Jul 19
    Extra docs requested: Sep 7
    Today: Sep 26 - application status unknown
    r u by chance a sommelier? your name sounds familiar.

I recently completed a dependent visa for my wife (Ukraine). got lucky i guess. submitted all documents, wasn't asked any follow-up questions, there was a lull where the ID was closed or staff WFH (ie work suspended), but as soon as ID opened again, we went in to take the photo, signature and voila, HKID pickup was available a week after that.
    TeahB likes this.