Like Tree31Likes

June 2020 Work Visa Processing Time

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by prospectiveHKer:
    Should we take this to mean no labels will be printed until Aug. 24? I'm waiting for a visa to be approved and then couriered to me overseas...can I enter HK with a visa approval with no label? (kind of doubt it or seems like it will be difficult to convince people along the way...)
    Don't think so. I think it was calculated upon my personal case, since my visa expires after Aug 29th.

Is your application a new one or extension? My understanding is that they put extension at higher priority now. But you can always contact your case officer to follow up.

Should we take this to mean no labels will be printed until Aug. 24? I'm waiting for a visa to be approved and then couriered to me overseas...can I enter HK with a visa approval with no label? (kind of doubt it or seems like it will be difficult to convince people along the way...)
    If you are travelling from overseas other than Mainland, Macau and Taiwan, you have to enter HK as a HK resident.

Quote Originally Posted by cuihua:
    Don't think so. I think it was calculated upon my personal case, since my visa expires after Aug 29th.

Is your application a new one or extension? My understanding is that they put extension at higher priority now. But you can always contact your case officer to follow up.
    Thanks...mine is a new application and employer is handling it, so they will be pursuing any necessary expediting themselves, but good to know what's affecting delays.

If you are travelling from overseas other than Mainland, Macau and Taiwan, you have to enter HK as a HK resident.
    There's an exception for those who have a new work visa.

There's an exception for those who have a new work visa.
    This is not an exception, if you holds a work visa, you are a HK resident.
    prospectiveHKer likes this.

This is not an exception, if you holds a work visa, you are a HK resident.
    Good to know! I thought one needed an HKID first.

Good to know! I thought one needed an HKID first.
    I did call Immigration Department Hotline myself a few month ago, if you hold a HK work permit, you are deemed as a HK resident. (I called HK airport first, and their answer was NO, you have to get a HKID to be a HK resident. However I insisted that you are elegible to apply HKID when you have a HK work permit. Then the airport guy asked me to verify with HK Immigration. And HK Immigration gave me the answer above)
    prospectiveHKer and mich14 like this.

Sounds like a long wait if you're a foreign journalist now...

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ng-kong-highly

I'm not a journalist but I wonder if the political situation is impacting all Americans' visas?

Have you gotten yours yet? Still waiting for mine and it’s been 7 weeks already. No word from the visa agency yet. Can’t imagine change of sponsor would take that long. I’m thinking of calling HKI myself.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7