Like Tree88Likes

2020 June+ Work Visa Processing Time

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

No it’s just a change of sponsor. I have an existing work visa valid until June 2022. My start date at my new employer had been pushed and it’s a bit frustrating. Good thing the employer was understanding of the circumstance.

TeahB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek212:
    No it’s just a change of sponsor. I have an existing work visa valid until June 2022. My start date at my new employer had been pushed and it’s a bit frustrating. Good thing the employer was understanding of the circumstance.
    then it is a different story. I think they are still processing these kind of applciations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek212:
    I am in the same situation except that we passed my application via the drop-box after this "special arrangement" at immigration was announced. I hope they're processing both our applications.

Woohoo, my visa is approved! Submitted beginning of June, supplied additional information late July. Can't say exactly how long it took because the online enquiry thing doesn't supply the date, but can update later.

Now the problem is just the wait for the printer...

TeahB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prospectiveHKer:
    Woohoo, my visa is approved!
    Weyyyyy! Told you it was a matter of time, glad you've finally joined the approved-and-waiting side. Race to see who gets to HK first?
    TeahB likes this.

Visa approved

My work permit got approved today. It took close to 7 weeks.

B2HK, user123456 and TeahB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkind85:
    My work permit got approved today. It took close to 7 weeks.
    Is this 7 weeks after submitting your application to the Immigration Department of 7 weeks after obtaining an application reference number?

Congrats! Was this a new work visa? Are you already in HK?

My wifes dependent visa got approved on Monday and was collected yesterday it was submitted last week in March. There is clearly a backlog only advise i can give is contact your immigration officer as movement only happened when i did this.

TeahB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mnuur10:
    My wifes dependent visa got approved on Monday and was collected yesterday it was submitted last week in March. There is clearly a backlog only advise i can give is contact your immigration officer as movement only happened when i did this.
    So does she have to leave HK to activate it or were you able to get them to activate it immediately?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast