Hi all,

Facing a bit of a situation here. I am currently awaiting the extension of my IANG visa which will expire on the 30th of June 2020, I applied on the 2nd of June. I have changed employer since my last visa and my new employer has never sponsored a visa prior. The company has been newly setup (11 months). Against this background, the immigration officer informed me that the visa application might take longer than 4 weeks which would be past my visa expiration date. The officer informed me that this shouldn't be any problem as long as I am not traveling.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will have to give notice to my company as of the 1st of July 2020 and leave HK shortly after, by which my application will likely have not been approved yet. So, 2 questions:
1) Anyone in a situation whereby their employer had not sponsored any visas previously? How long would it usually take? Are we talking about something like 5 weeks or more like 8 weeks?
2) What would happen if I leave HK after the 1st of July but my visa extension is still in process? Do I officially overstay my visa?

And one last one:
If I do get my IANG 2yr extension approved in time but leave shortly after, do those 2 years still count for PR? These would be my 2 last years.
(Understand you have to be in HK every 180 days so I could return twice a year, but I won't be paying HK tax for example).

Let me know your thoughts guys! Any help is appreciated