Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat

What Kind of Companies Can Sponsor Visa

Closed Thread

What Kind of Companies Can Sponsor Visa

Hello - i have a friend that his main business is in China, they have an entity in HK but no real person located here. Can this type of company apply for work visa for new employees? What are the requirements for companies being eligible to sponsor work visa?

Thank you.

I've never seen any hard numbers, but we had to submit an audit report to the Immigration Department the first time we've applied to sponsor an employee for a visa.

The Immigration Department website speaks of a "substantial contribution to Hong Kong’s economy"

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    I've never seen any hard numbers, but we had to submit an audit report to the Immigration Department the first time we've applied to sponsor an employee for a visa.

The Immigration Department website speaks of a "substantial contribution to Hong Kong’s economy"
    Thank you. Do you have any visa agency to recommend?

The HK entity has been having financial records here and also paying taxes for a couple of years. But issue is no real person here. So curious if this kind of Company would be eligible for sponsoring a visa.

Quote Originally Posted by yorihisa19:
    Thank you. Do you have any visa agency to recommend?

The HK entity has been having financial records here and also paying taxes for a couple of years. But issue is no real person here. So curious if this kind of Company would be eligible for sponsoring a visa.
    The company would have to prove that the job can't be done by someone already in HK. If your friend owns the company and isn't Mainland Chinese, it would probably be easier to go the investment visa route. I don't have any recommendation for an agency.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The company would have to prove that the job can't be done by someone already in HK. If your friend owns the company and isn't Mainland Chinese, it would probably be easier to go the investment visa route. I don't have any recommendation for an agency.
    Understood. If he is mainland Chinese, is ASMTP the only option? He does not own the company directly himself, but his parents do...

Quote Originally Posted by yorihisa19:
    Understood. If he is mainland Chinese, is ASMTP the only option? He does not own the company directly himself, but his parents do...
    Yes, I think the Talents visa is the only option for Mainland Chinese. If the company has a large enough turnover and your friend has the right degree it might be possible to sponsor him. Best to ask some immigration lawyer.
    shri likes this.