Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Visa Issue - Switching to New Job

Closed Thread

Angry Visa Issue - Switching to New Job

Hi guys, I have a situation here and any advice would be highly appreciated.

I accepted a job offer couple of weeks ago and signed a contract and everything. I don't have a work visa so they had to apply one for me, which is now in process. Lets call this job A.

Recently, I got the opportunity to possibly sign for a different company which offers more money and location (2 minutes away to be exact!). This is job B.

The problem I face is that if I turn my back on job A, how do I go about with my visa for job B? Cancel it and let the new company reapply for a new one?

Tell Job A that you changed your mind and will no longer join them, Job A should inform Immigration dept to Cancel the work visa application for you.

Tell Job B that you will sign for them and get them to start process for your work visa.

Good Luck

shri likes this.

Hi, chiming in because I am in the same boat. My company A is a teaching gig, and company B is a tech company with a small local office and a few local employees.

The school that I signed with, and who have initiated my visa application about a week ago, have a 60 day notice period and lots of fees involved with breaking the contract, but the first line of the contract is that all of it dependent on the visa approval. Given this situation, I should be clear to withdraw and ask them to cancel my application without breaking their contract and being subject to the penalties?

Thanks for any insight

My company A is a teaching gig,
    Those so called language centers usually have fecked up break contract fines n penalties. If I were you I would inform them to cancel the visa application asap. try to contact HK immigration as well to tell them to cancel the application before you get stung.
    wavygravy likes this.