Like Tree49Likes

Help please! My now stranged husband forged my signature...!y now

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Help please! My now stranged husband forged my signature...!y now

My now stranged husband is able to extend his spouse dependant visa by apparently forging my signature in my sponsor's form. He is able to extend his visa for another 3 years. I didn't know this until I found out he is still here in Hong Kong whilst all along I thought he is back to Philippines.... By luck, I saw his photo along with his colleagues featured in one resto bar where he is currently working..
    Our relationship ended just before his 1 year visa lapse, and I decided not to sponsor him again.. So I just thought he is not here anymore..I didn't file any divorce yet as I dont have money for the fees.. still saving for it, besides I'm still not ready emotionaly to face this at the moment.

What should I do to cut his visa? As much as possible, I don't want to put him in jail, I just don't want to see him again here in HK, much more when he is still enjoying the advantage of being my dependant without my consent! Please help me! Thank you in advance!

Well he would have needed your HKID card also, so how did he take that for the application?

Anyway, just visit the immigration department and let them know he renewed without your consent.

He said he just used a photocopy of my passport...

Will he be in big trouble ? Will they automatically cut his visa? I have proof right now that he was and still is in relationship with someone before his 1 year visa ends, main reason why I didn't continue sponsoring him ..

Those are the maximum penalties.

Under the laws of Hong Kong, any person who makes false representation to Immigration Officers commits an offence. Offenders are liable to prosecution and, upon conviction, the maximum penalty will be a fine of $150,000 and imprisonment for 14 years

As emx said, the original ID of the sponsor is required in addition to a photocopy. Can't extend the visa without the original ID. How do you know he forged your signature? He could just as easily have switched to an employment visa.

emx, JAherbert and Drunken Master like this.

There is online extension: https://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immi...y/othernpr.htm

Or, does the original ID of the sponsor need to be provided when collecting the visa?

mrgoodkat likes this.

Look at it another way. If you DON'T let them know, you may be seen as being guilty of lying to immigration yourself, because they will think that you signed the form lying that you were still together. Honesty is the best policy. Just let immigration know.

Happyhorse, jimbo and mexmon like this.

Is there any way I can prove to them that I didn't signed the sponsor consent form?

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielgretta:
    Is there any way I can prove to them that I didn't signed the sponsor consent form?
    report to the police and let them do an investigation.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielgretta:
    He said he just used a photocopy of my passport...

Will he be in big trouble ? Will they automatically cut his visa? I have proof right now that he was and still is in relationship with someone before his 1 year visa ends, main reason why I didn't continue sponsoring him ..
    If he did something illegal, of course he will be in trouble.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast