Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 1 Post By cuihua

HK Work Visa Application - Immigration request for further documents.

Closed Thread

HK Work Visa Application - Immigration request for further documents.

Hi

I have recently started the HK Work VISA application with my employer. They have reviewed the initial documents and have requested more documents from both the employer and me. My employer is handling theirs but mine are a bit abstract:

1. "Proof of previous work experience" - After some googling this seems like a common request but I'm unclear as to what would suffice? Would a pay stub be enough or do I need something more formal?

2. "Explanation of previous stays in Hong Kong" - They have noted I have been in and out of the country since last year and want an explanation letter regarding "his purposes of visit of and trip arrangements"

I'm hoping I can get some pointers from anyone here who has had experience and/or success with either of these requests to help point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Proof of previous work experience is usually similar to a reference letter from a previous employer.
    Explanation of previous trips - well what did you do? I assume you did not work without a visa, so you just say "holiday' or "meeting relatives" etc.

bbchris likes this.

Thank you @HK_Katherine I am proceeding with your advice.

They just want to make sure you didnt work without a visa.

I was requested to provide Proof of previous work experiences when I was applying my initial work permit in 2018. At that time, I provided two letters from my most recent employers covered the past ten years of my work experiences. Just include name, job title and employer's name.

shri likes this.