Like Tree27Likes

Visa Run

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    5th floor monkies that you have been dealing with is extensions, you need to try and explain your situation on 7th floor Other Visas and Permits Section and if that doesnt work then go to 24th floor Employment and Visit Visas Section. Dont just stop because the idiot pressed some buttons and the computer said NO.

I think your plan of going to seoul and doing a quick return isnt going to work, thats a same day return flight is it?, you will still need to go through immigration which will lead to being quarantined.
    7th floor is for dependant visas only, they told me to go to the employment visa section (24th floor)

i put a case through to the 24th floor through my case officer but I can not afford to wait unconditionally with no certainty of a positive result he can help. They said they can not activate my visa.

I looked at singapore as you can do a transit flight there with a singapore airline and avoid quarantine if you leave same day.

bobby6

Has anyone here tried and verified the Macau bus method?

I'm not sure what the layout of the terminal on the Macau side is...I know at Lok Ma Chau you can't go downstairs and back to HK/China without going through immigration on both sides first.

Quote Originally Posted by deleted:
    Has anyone here tried and verified the Macau bus method?

I'm not sure what the layout of the terminal on the Macau side is...I know at Lok Ma Chau you can't go downstairs and back to HK/China without going through immigration on both sides first.
    You arrive on the ground floor outside of the immigration building. Exit and Entry are on different floors (maybe 2nd and 3rd) of the Immigration building and you leave and enter the building on the ground floor. You buy bus tickets on the ground floor of the Immigration building.

Name:  img_6790_ezy-watermark_16-11-2018_10-56-42e4b88be58d88.png
Views: 598
Size:  1.71 MB
    Name:  從港珠澳大橋澳門口岸出發的首班穿梭巴士.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  1.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    You arrive on the ground floor outside of the immigration building. Exit and Entry are on different floors (maybe 2nd and 3rd) of the Immigration building and you leave and enter the building on the ground floor. You buy bus tickets on the ground floor of the Immigration building.

Name:  img_6790_ezy-watermark_16-11-2018_10-56-42e4b88be58d88.png
Views: 598
Size:  1.71 MB
    Name:  從港珠澳大橋澳門口岸出發的首班穿梭巴士.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  1.46 MB
    That means they would put me in quarratine then if I left the building

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew1989:
    That means they would put me in quarratine then if I left the building
    You aren't crossing the border. Macau is on the other side of the building. The bus stops and leaves from the same bus stop before you actually cross the border. You can walk around there without ever going to Macau. The HK private cars are also parked below the bus stop.

Immigration building is No.1 on the map. The bus station is the blue stuff between building No. 1 and No.3. Macau is on the left side of building No.1 on the map, the HKZMB area is on the right side of No.1.

Name:  MzFFtbtp9qjPFrYkJlvX.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  162.6 KB
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 15-07-2020 at 11:29 AM.

bobby6

Thanks for the confirmation mrgoodkat! Glad it's not like the HK side where arrivals and departure bus stops are on different floors.

This is some Kafka-esque bureaucracy you are dealing with, totally amazing levels of "well this is the rule and we can't change the rule despite an international pandemic that puts HK at more risk as you can pick up coronavirus while traveling and bring it into HK..."

Just mind-boggling, please let us know what happens and which of the many bad options open to you that you select. Will cross my fingers that at least one person with a functioning brain cell uses it and activates your visa...

Mrs. Jones and TaD_LaLa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    You aren't crossing the border. Macau is on the other side of the building. The bus stops and leaves from the same bus stop before you actually cross the border. You can walk around there without ever going to Macau. The HK private cars are also parked below the bus stop.

Immigration building is No.1 on the map. The bus station is the blue stuff between building No. 1 and No.3. Macau is on the left side of building No.1 on the map, the HKZMB area is on the right side of No.1.

Name:  MzFFtbtp9qjPFrYkJlvX.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  162.6 KB
    So I could avoid quarratine in Macau by doing this?

I need to have health certificate showing I am negative before I go on the bus. I have been quoted 2000hkd for the test...
    Last edited by Matthew1989; 15-07-2020 at 11:49 AM.

I found this transit flight but would require me sleeping in airport for two nights.

This truly is a nightmare just to get a visa activated...

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew1989:
    So I could avoid quarratine in Macau by doing this?

I need to have health certificate showing I am negative before I go on the bus. I have been quoted 2000hkd for the test...
    $180 at a public hospital, not sure what you have to do to qualify though.

Or $985 for that one: https://projectscreen.co/