Like Tree27Likes

Visa Run

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Just a suggestion. If I went to the airport but missed my flight on purpose. Would I exit through immigration and they can stamp my visa??

bobby6

When I got tested in March at a public hospital (I had symptoms), I tested negative, but they refused to give me any kind of document to show that I had tested negative. Unless things have changed with the document, don't do the test at a public hospital! (They also made me wait there for 8 hours for the result to come though).

mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deleted:
    When I got tested in March at a public hospital (I had symptoms), I tested negative, but they refused to give me any kind of document to show that I had tested negative. Unless things have changed with the document, don't do the test at a public hospital! (They also made me wait there for 8 hours for the result to come though).
    Good to know.

I have decided to go through Singapore. The Macau route will involve costs for the tests,risks at the Macau and possibility of doing double quarantine. Which I don't want to risk.

I feel like telling my story to dimsumdaily or scmp after this ordeal...

Thank you for all your help guys and gals. Appreciate it.
    TaD_LaLa and MABinPengChau like this.

bobby6

Matthew1989, where did you get COVID test quote from? I might try the Macau method.

With going through Singapore, are you sure the check-in staff will give you a boarding pass, if you're not allowed to enter Singapore? (even though you're not planning to enter)

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deleted:
    Matthew1989, where did you get COVID test quote from? I might try the Macau method.

With going through Singapore, are you sure the check-in staff will give you a boarding pass, if you're not allowed to enter Singapore? (even though you're not planning to enter)
    My local friend told me that what is the price. Maybe you can get cheaper but I don't think by alot.

Singapore allows transit flights from HK since begining of June. You just make sure you fly with a Sia group airline and go with a return ticket.

That's my plan anyway. I don't want to risk Macau

Frankfurt....direct flight from HK. Go there...have a nice wander around town, take a boat trip on the river, then come back.

We were there 3 days ago on the way to Greece. No quarantine, easy get in/out, nice empty Cathay flight with good food/wine.

Downsides? 11 hour flight X 2. Cost?

Unfortunately in my situation I need to look for the cheapest solution as I am low on funds

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew1989:
    Good to know.

I feel like telling my story to dimsumdaily or scmp after this ordeal...

Thank you for all your help guys and gals. Appreciate it.
    Do it! It’s ridiculous that immigration officials know this is an issue but have not discussed/created a solution to it.

Although that could be interpreted as criticising the government/subversion and then you might be arrested under the NSL!

Bonkers right

Hello Matthew,

Have you managed to active your visa ultimately?

TaD_LaLa likes this.