Like Tree27Likes

Visa Run

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Exclamation Visa Run

Hi all,

Firstly sorry to make a thread for my topic but I really need some help/advice.

I am a British Citizen with HKID card (not permanent).

My working holiday visa expired and I recently had my 24 month employment visa approved.

I need to activate it as I am currently with no visa status (must leave by 30th July)

I have tried all methods but to no avail. I have asked my case officer to approve but only way is if I have a tourist/visitor visa for which to get you must also leave Hong Kong.

I need to work as am running low on funds, so I will bite the bullet and just leave Hong Kong to activate my visa.

Where can I go to activate my visa without being subject to more than 2 weeks in quarantine (in hong kong)

If it go to Macau via the bridge do I have to enter into Macau or can just take a bus back straight away??

Please help me where I can go without paying too much more and being subject to 4 weeks in quarantine please

I'm not sure if you can avoid doing 2 weeks quarantine in at least one place.

There's a HK Quarantine Support Group on Facebook which has a wealth of experience and knowledge on this subject. Some of the organisers are in regular contact with various government departments and post daily updates. I suggest posting your question there and see what they suggest.

Side note #1: when you come back, there is a long process involving testing at Asia World Expo. Depending on when your flight lands, you will face either a 6-12 hours waiting for your test result before going to your quarantine location or a shorter wait before being bussed off to spend a night at the Regal Kowloon while waiting for the result the next day. If you prefer the latter, pick a flight that arrives late in the day rather than one that lands in the morning.

Side note #2: At least when you come back to HK you have the possible option of doing your two weeks at home which is better than a hotel room.

Not looking forward to it but the quarantine arrangements are there for a reason.

All travellers intending to board either a vessel or a flight departing from Macao, must hold a certificate showing a negative result from a COVID-19 nucleic acid test. The measure takes effect after 6am on Tuesday (14 July).

The certificate must have been issued within seven days of the intended date of departure. A result from a nucleic acid test can be lodged on the Macao Health Code system’s online platform.

In addition, from 6pm today, all people arriving in Macao having set off from Hong Kong via the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao (HKZM) Bridge, must hold a certificate proving they have tested negative for COVID-19 infection. The certificate must have been issued within seven days of the traveller’s intended arrival in Macao.

Any traveller making a journey originating in Hong Kong who fails to provide such a certificate may be refused entry to Macao.

All the latest steps are to protect the safety of those using such transport, and transport staff.

Under current rules, those arriving in Macao having set off from Hong Kong, are required to undergo a 14-day period of medical observation in a designated hotel.
    https://www.gov.mo/en/news/126585/
    MABinPengChau likes this.

I don't think you can go anywhere right now without the quarantine

Here's just a theory though - could someone go to Shenzhen Bay, "leave" HK with your HKID, walk across to the Chinese customs, turn back and "enter" Hk again by inserting the HKID?

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    I don't think you can go anywhere right now without the quarantine

Here's just a theory though - could someone go to Shenzhen Bay, "leave" HK with your HKID, walk across to the Chinese customs, turn back and "enter" Hk again by inserting the HKID?
    Yes and No. You can leave HK at Shenzhen Bay and then tell the officer on the Chinese side you forgot your passport and want to go back to HK. They will do a nose swab and after the results are back negative they will let you return. If the result is positive they will cart you off to quarantine in Shenzhen. And you will have to do 14 days quarantine in HK on your way back.

You could get a COVID test and then take the bus to Macau. When you arrive at the bus stop just stay there and take another bus back. The bus departs every 2 hours. Still 14 days quarantine in HK.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 14-07-2020 at 07:39 AM.

I’m pretty sure someone posted here a couple months ago that their visa was activated at ImmD without having to leave HK. They CAN do it there, make sure you speak to someone higher up in relevant department and explain your situation. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    I’m pretty sure someone posted here a couple months ago that their visa was activated at ImmD without having to leave HK. They CAN do it there, make sure you speak to someone higher up in relevant department and explain your situation. Good luck!
    yes, there were a couple of people who have done this without leaving Hong Kong. There is a thread somewhere asking the same question, do a search.

its a ridiculous system. You are already here and have permissive to stay. Why leave to ‘activate’ it. This is mad at anytime, but particular now. There are countries you could go to now without quarantine (I have just arrived in Greece with now restrictions) but 2 weeks quarantine on return is mandatory.
    Mrs. Jones and MABinPengChau like this.

Here it is...there are a few people who have achieved it here.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/54/thread356081-6.html

Mrs. Jones likes this.

The people who said they managed to get there visa activated in HK does not sound right. they give no information and are very vague.

I am looking to do a transit flight back to hk such as south korea

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew1989:
    The people who said they managed to get there visa activated in HK does not sound right. they give no information and are very vague.

I am looking to do a transit flight back to hk such as south korea
    Message them and ask!

It's ridiculous to spend money, time on a plane (and present risk to yourself) and end up doing at least 2, if not 4 weeks quarantine.
    drumbrake likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast