Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Documented proof of previous employment - Immigration

Closed Thread

Documented proof of previous employment - Immigration

Good evening,

My new prospective employer in HK is filing my visa application. Immigration came back with

"Documentary proof of the applicant's reported employment in the UK from April 2016 to August 2019"

My previous employer is not the "nicest" of individuals to say the least and is not responding to my requests for a statement of service. I have one from before and if I don't receive a new one in the next few days I will submit that. I was wondering though what are the chances immigration will physically call my ex employer? Despite the dates being correct; I am concerned that employer can make things difficult (he has done this to other past employees). I don't want my visa to be denied for something like this.

Thank you in advance

HK Immigration will not spend money calling up your previous employers in UK

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi-86:
    Good evening,

My new prospective employer in HK is filing my visa application. Immigration came back with

"Documentary proof of the applicant's reported employment in the UK from April 2016 to August 2019"

My previous employer is not the "nicest" of individuals to say the least and is not responding to my requests for a statement of service. I have one from before and if I don't receive a new one in the next few days I will submit that. I was wondering though what are the chances immigration will physically call my ex employer? Despite the dates being correct; I am concerned that employer can make things difficult (he has done this to other past employees). I don't want my visa to be denied for something like this.

Thank you in advance

If as you say above, you have a reference already, why are you asking for another one?

I have one from before and if I don't receive a new one in the next few days I will submit that.

Your reference/confirmation of service letter can be from when you left the company, it doesn't have to have a current date. To immigration it's the historical document they are looking for