Like Tree10Likes

Applying for work sponsor as a dependant after divorce

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mysti:
    HK Visa Geeza has some good tips:

https://hongkongvisageeza.com/extend...after-divorce/

He's very knowledgeable and helped me out with other visa issues before. You can email him and he will give you free advice for the 1st time.
    Thank you! I will check it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian L:
    it is tough, i will always encounter problems at airports, taken aside for questioning and even sometimes brought into a room for investigation.

my father was also born in brunei holding the ‘certificate’. My grandfather was originally from china but i never got to meet him though.

there’s articles on this matter on the internet. Not only brunei but also some countries around here geographically.
    I either read about this or saw it on Al Jazeera or similar media, it's absolutely crazy. Also I think "second children" born under the one-child policy in China don't get passports- it was about people without passports, truly a crap situation.

Still a need for English-speakers in lots of industries. You can also go to school at night/weekends and, when you graduate, can apply for the visa as a local graduate. If you are working, you can hopefully earn enough for tuition, find a field where there are few HK people working or an area that the government says it is trying to promote (tech fields, software, etc.). In three years you could get SOME kind of degree from somewhere. There are lots of community colleges where you can do the basic work with no particular background needed for admission, also Open University of HK (not all programs there lead to the visa). I went to Open University of HK for an additional degree, it's pretty easy, they just want your money, never had to even show that I had graduated from high school. Most colleges teach in English so not a problem with Cantonese.
    Bettsinhk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    I either read about this or saw it on Al Jazeera or similar media, it's absolutely crazy. Also I think "second children" born under the one-child policy in China don't get passports- it was about people without passports, truly a crap situation.

Still a need for English-speakers in lots of industries. You can also go to school at night/weekends and, when you graduate, can apply for the visa as a local graduate. If you are working, you can hopefully earn enough for tuition, find a field where there are few HK people working or an area that the government says it is trying to promote (tech fields, software, etc.). In three years you could get SOME kind of degree from somewhere. There are lots of community colleges where you can do the basic work with no particular background needed for admission, also Open University of HK (not all programs there lead to the visa). I went to Open University of HK for an additional degree, it's pretty easy, they just want your money, never had to even show that I had graduated from high school. Most colleges teach in English so not a problem with Cantonese.
    This is another option I'm willing to take but would need to be financially capable. At least it will be cheaper as I am considered a resident of HK. I'm not aware of the current job hiring situation in HK now but hopefully it picks up soon.

I'll definitely look into Open University. Thank you.