15 23.44%
  • In 2022

17 26.56%
Like Tree119Likes

Border reopening

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Interested to hear your views on this, as someone who is usually a proponent of development in the New Territories rather than building concrete hills in the sea?
    Proponent of what? Legco really didn't vet this so not transparency of any grand plan. It seems odd and

I would suggest that I see no reason for building a faux island as HK has plenty of land resources. Why was this rushed through a nullified Legco. We will find out but I doubt it will be good for HK.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Proponent of what? Legco really didn't vet this so not transparency of any grand plan. It seems odd and

I would suggest that I see no reason for building a faux island as HK has plenty of land resources. Why was this rushed through a nullified Legco. We will find out but I doubt it will be good for HK.
    My question is, do you see this as a good use of those HK land resources (ie building in relatively low rise parts of the NT instead of reclaiming) or executive overreach pushed through a neutered legco, or both?

And if both, is it overall a good thing that could be better, or a disaster waiting to happen?
    hike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    My question is, do you see this as a good use of those HK land resources (ie building in relatively low rise parts of the NT instead of reclaiming) or executive overreach pushed through a neutered legco, or both?

And if both, is it overall a good thing that could be better, or a disaster waiting to happen?
    That already happens and has happened. The concern doesn't seem to be the building of properties in the NT but what, where and who for.

Name:  1280px-Tinshuiwai_2005.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  196.6 KB

Original Post Deleted
    I guess the fear is one vested interest is replaced by another?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11