Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By aw451
  • 1 Post By riversidejr
  • 1 Post By shri

Dependant Visa Renewal - visa length

Closed Thread

Dependant Visa Renewal - visa length

What's the longest visa length anyone has experience of getting as a dependant visa renewal?

I'm a PR and will shortly be renewing my husband's dependant visa. He has 3 years to go exactly until he hits PR. Could we apply for his visa to be extended for 4 years from now? Are renewals of this length granted? The longest I got when I was on a work visa was 3 years (but that's the most I ever asked for). Just wondering if we could get away with this renewal being the last one, but give leave enough time on the visa once he hits 7 years to apply for his PR, without needing to renew it again.

Thanks

I don't think I've ever heard of a 4 year visa given out (unless it is for one of the exceptional talent / high paid executive schemes).

Beanieskis likes this.

I second that, 3 years is the maximum however it will not hurt to apply for whatever length you desire, whether it will be granted is another story

Beanieskis likes this.

Three years extension for most people, six years for people with a annual taxable income of 2million+ or entrepreneurs who have created at least five local jobs.

shri and Beanieskis like this.