Like Tree58Likes

Early 2021 - GEP Visa Processing Time

Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by miloshev.m:
    Hi,

    I still haven't received my approval letter but wanted to share my experience so far.
    GEP Visa process is led by my employer.

    7th May - I submitted documents to my employer and they said they submitted the application.
    15th May - Acknowledgement letter received.

    Current status: In progress.
    Because of the work form home policy expected approval time should be around 6 weeks from the acknowledgement letter.

    I will update once I have more information.
    Update:

    7th May - I submitted documents to my employer and they said they submitted the application.
    15th May - Acknowledgement letter received.
    06 July - Visa Approved

    53 days since Acknowledgement letter received

    I noticed from the previous posts that a lot of visas were approved on the 5th and 6th of July, maybe they were waiting for some orders?
    emx likes this.

  2. #92

    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    24

    Exactly 4 (net) weeks for me. Reading the most recent replies here, seems I've been lucky:

    - 2 weeks from initial submission to request for additional documents
    - another 2 weeks from submission of additional documents to final approval

    (in between there have been another 3 weeks on our side to prepare the additional documents)


  3. #93

    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    6

    additional info required from hkid

    do u mind if i ask what docs/ info HKID required additionally for your case and what did you submit?


  4. #94

    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by kwv2021:
    do u mind if i ask what docs/ info HKID required additionally for your case and what did you submit?
    It was mainly documents from the sponsor side: financial proof, business plan, justification for the applicant, proof of local recruiment...
    And from my side proof of working experience as well

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna99:
    I am currently in the process of doing so. My application was sent in December and waiting to hear back.

    Are you also waiting to hear back?
    I confused, you are switching employers and you are waiting for last 7 months ? so do you unemployed currently because most probably your previous employer notice period ends.

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    5

    Hi all,

    My employer submitted my application for a GEP around September 8, but said they still haven't received an application reference number from HK Immigration. Is this normal?


  7. #97

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    5

    My GEP visa was issued after 6 weeks, keeping in mind the Mid-Autumn holidays and 1-2 non-working days because of a typhoon.

    ruffles and needgoodwine like this.

  8. #98

    Despite the title of this thread (maybe it can be updated?), I thought I would add myself as a data point.

    Application submitted: 6 July
    Application approved: 3 August

    I was not asked for any additional documents. But the agent insisted on getting referral letters from each of my past employers, two of which (from >10 years ago) do not exist anymore so I had to rely on my employment contracts. I guess it did the trick.

    One or two other posters in some other threads earlier this year said processing took 2 weeks. I'll take 4 weeks as a win.

    qhank likes this.

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR China
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by needgoodwine:
    Despite the title of this thread (maybe it can be updated?), I thought I would add myself as a data point.

    Application submitted: 6 July
    Application approved: 3 August

    I was not asked for any additional documents. But the agent insisted on getting referral letters from each of my past employers, two of which (from >10 years ago) do not exist anymore so I had to rely on my employment contracts. I guess it did the trick.

    One or two other posters in some other threads earlier this year said processing took 2 weeks. I'll take 4 weeks as a win.
    Thanks, useful to know!

    Which passport do you have, if you don't mind me asking.

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Thanks, useful to know!

    Which passport do you have, if you don't mind me asking.
    No worries. Glad to help.

    I come from the Land Down Under (i.e. Australia).
    aw451 and qhank like this.

Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10