Like Tree38Likes

Entering Hong Kong as Non resident with

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tekupdate:
    In any case I would not mind to go back home after marriage, apply for a dependent visa and wait for the result from home.
    Just be careful for quarantine, find some country where you both can enter with no quarantine if you decide to get married outside HK- she will have to do 3 weeks upon return, might not be happy to do that (expensive, dreary) so won't want to do any extra.
    Just don't enter HK twice and have to do two 3-week quarantines...ugh.

Thanks for the headsup.

On the dependent visa..... Immigration have been known to be somewhat sticky about this on occasion and can ask for proof of relationship. They will also need to verify that your new wife will be able to support the both of you.

Good luck with everything and may love conquer all

shri likes this.

Hi all, still no change in our situation and it seems HK is keeping things tight at immigration. I'm dropping by here to see if anyone knows of any notable and relevant changes in immigration policy for a European wanting to enter HK and join his HK girlfriend who is a permanent HK resident.

I scanned the immigration website again and have a question about the requirements for a dependant VISA.
    The website states that "reasonable proof of a genuine relationship should be provided". Looking at the form 997 I see they ask the sponsor to fill in the relationship with the applicant.

Probably wishful thinking on my part but this seems to imply that a dependant VISA can also be provided based on a relationship that is not not necessarily marriage.

Can anyone comment on this?

For a sponsor who is a Hong Kong permanent resident or a resident who is not subject to a limit of stay (i.e. a resident with the right to land or on unconditional stay), the following dependants may apply to join him/her for residence in the HKSAR:
    1. (i) his/her spouse; or
      (ii) the other party to a same-sex civil partnership, same-sex civil union, “same-sex marriage”, opposite-sex civil partnership or opposite-sex civil union entered into by him/her in accordance with the local law in force of the place of celebration and with such status being legally and officially recognised by the local authorities of the place of celebrationNote 3; and
    2. his/her unmarried dependent children under the age of 18;. and
    3. his/her parent aged 60 or above.

An application for admission of a dependant may be favourably considered if:
    1. there is reasonable proof of a genuine relationship between the applicant and the sponsor;
    2. there is no known record to the detriment of the applicant; and
    3. the sponsor is able to support the dependant's living at a standard well above the subsistence level and provide him/her with suitable accommodation in the HKSAR.

Non residents can (for now...) enter as tourists so long as not coming in from a group A country. Obviously it's a massive pain to do 14 days of quarantine (at least) just for a 90 day stay, but I would imagine some extensions of tourist stays will continue to be entertained as they were before the non resident shutdown. And surely there is a fair chance Macau runs become possible by end of year... maybe...

For the full dependent visa the genuine relationship thing is aimed at sham marriages. They ask for photos etc. to prove even with a marriage certificate. No “long term relationship” recognition concept at all.

mrgoodkat, Tekupdate and sunnymove like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Non residents can (for now...) enter as tourists so long as not coming in from a group A country. Obviously it's a massive pain to do 14 days of quarantine (at least) just for a 90 day stay, but I would imagine some extensions of tourist stays will continue to be entertained as they were before the non resident shutdown. And surely there is a fair chance Macau runs become possible by end of year... maybe...

For the full dependent visa the genuine relationship thing is aimed at sham marriages. They ask for photos etc. to prove even with a marriage certificate. No “long term relationship” recognition concept at all.
    Are Non group A tourists allowed even if they are not fully vexed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekupdate:
    for a European wanting to enter HK and join his HK girlfriend who is a permanent HK resident.
    European means dick, give specific which country u r from trying to enter HK.

U maybe able to fly to a country which is not high risk, be vaccinated, tested negative and be alllowed to enter HK.
    Morrison likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    thanks lol

Clear & thanks, Peaky.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    European means dick, give specific which country u r from trying to enter HK.
    U maybe able to fly to a country which is not high risk, be vaccinated, tested negative and be alllowed to enter HK.
    So how would that work exactly?