Like Tree13Likes

dependant visa traveling to hk

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    It might be nice to speak to his wife during her three week quarantine?
    Sure, but his question was specifically related to immigration. Does the hotel not provide WIFI so she could use Whatsapp or another messaging app with her current PH SIM? I would assume they have WIFI to facilitate people that need to work while isolated but perhaps someone can confirm that went through this process.
    miniata likes this.

You could post/courier her a HK SIM card.

Last edited by emx; 03-04-2021 at 10:07 PM.
    miniata likes this.

It’s a requirement to provide a working mobile number. I entered knowing my number but without physical sim. No issues, immigration allows you to phone an alternate person to use as number placeholder. Explain you’ll drop sim off at hotel. That was my case exactly. Hope you get together soon! I’m in process of applying for a dependent visa for my wife.

hullexile and miniata like this.

hello i want to ask about my wife traveling to hong kong around the month of may. my wife was approved for the dependant visa. but she was caught up on the travel ban and cannot come to hong kong untill now. and for now i still cannot find a good info on how my wife will come to hong kong with the dependant visa sticker on her passport. she is having the vaccine yesterday aug 11 and the next will be on september 8 does anyone know if she can travel to hong kong as a hong kong resident because she already have the dependant visa? im really having hard time if she can travel already to hong kong after she get the vaccine.

Hi there. My situation is almost the same. I am arranging for my wife to return from the Philippines. I was informed by people on the forum (and other places) that the dependant sticker which is placed in the passport does indicate that the holder is regarded as a resident and, as such, will be admitted into Hong Kong. I have booked a quarantine hotel for her from the beginning of September. We are now trying to find a lab in the Davao area which holds the ISO 15189 accreditation. There also has to be a letter from the Philippines DoH or consulate in HK indicating that the labs on the DoH list are authorised to conduct the tests. This is proving difficult as the Philippines consulate say that is nothing to do with them (even though many consulates in HK have done exactly that) and the DoH aren't responding to my emails.

Do I understand correctly that your wife will be coming here in May? That is 8-9 months time. The situation in Hong will most certainly have changed in some respect; good or bad, I do not know. Hopefully it will be better by the time she arrives here.

miniata likes this.

i mean this month of may few months before my wife has been approved to be dependant visa holder. and at that time i book her the flight urgently to hong kong with 21 days hotel quarantine. the only thing needed before is to have a negative test in philippines before traveling to hk and she will conduct a covid test again in hk airport. but suddenly travel ban happens and it got worst and worst and worst. around end of july my flight and hotel booking already get cancelled after so many rebooking. now my problem is when i can book my wife again to come here in hong kong because i heard that vaccinated ofw last time can enter and suddenly they announce that they dont honor the vaccineation card in philippines so ofw cannot come to hong kong. but i cannot see a clear info about residents who want to go to hong kong if they have vaccine.

Ok. I understand. My wife was vaccinated in Hong Kong, so there is no concern about regarding that. I think that at the moment, people who vaccinated in the Philippines cannot return yet due to the lack of a central vaccine database, although due to the problem with OFW that will soon change. I know that your wife is not an OFW, but hopefully this recognition might include your wife.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...rt-recognising

miniata likes this.