Like Tree4Likes

Exit-Entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exit-Entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau

Hello,

Is it necessary to be in china to apply for this document ? My father has only the PRC passport, no china residency card and is living in italy, can he just go to consultate in italy and apply for this document ?

Same question for the "exit endorsements"

Thanks

Wont be able to visit Macau without quarantine at the moment, let alone get into HK on a visitor visa at the moment.

https://www.macaotourism.gov.mo/en/t...y-requirements

Your father can travel to HK and Macau on his PRC passport, but not at the moment. Maximum stay is 7 days.

So your father is a Chinese citizen? From what I know (you can double check with the consulate), he needs to go back to his hometown (wherever his Hukou is) to apply for this permit.

What my wife did in the past was mail the required documents back to a trusted friend in her hometown to apply for her parents. I think the first time though does require it to be done in person first. Just renewing, it is not required.

I have never heard of a China residency card. If you mean either his ID card or Hukou, then he should get replacements for both as soon as possible. They are both important documents for a mainland person.

Hukou is not for where you reside but where (in China) you are from and who is in your family. I think it translates into 'household registration'.

Since your father is elderly, you should check with the consulate to get a visa to go to China first to help deal with his documents issues (if he actually needs to go back to China).

@mwong222 thanks for all the detailed informations, do you know how long does it get to get the hukou and the id card once we submit the documents?

@emx thanks for the info . Just curious, how do you know we can't get visit visa right now ? Currently I plan to go in HK in 2-3 months

@emx then no visa should be issued anymore, even for work visa, dependant visa, visitor visa etc.. Is that correct ?

On HK immigration website, I don't see any news about that: https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/ So does that mean we can still get visa but we just can't land on hk airport anymore after 9 april ?

Quote Originally Posted by EdouardShin:
    @emx then no visa should be issued anymore, even for work visa, dependant visa, visitor visa etc.. Is that correct ?

On HK immigration website, I don't see any news about that: https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/ So does that mean we can still get visa but we just can't land on hk airport anymore after 9 april ?
    A person on a visitor visa is non resident, the work, dependent visa people are residents.
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EdouardShin:
    @mwong222 thanks for all the detailed informations, do you know how long does it get to get the hukou and the id card once we submit the documents?

@emx thanks for the info . Just curious, how do you know we can't get visit visa right now ? Currently I plan to go in HK in 2-3 months
    Only HK residents are allowed to travel to Hong Kong at the moment. Your dad isn't a resident so he can't travel to HK at the moment. If you reside overseas and arrive or leave HK via the airport you DO NOT need the entry-exit document. You can stay in Hong Kong just with the PRC passport for 7 days, the same duration you can stay with the entry-exit document.

Holders of People’s Republic of China (PRC) passports who are in transit through Hong Kong to and from another country or territory may be granted a stay of seven days on each landing without the prior need to obtain an entry permit provided that normal immigration requirements are met, including possession of valid entry facilities for the destination and confirmed onward booking for the overseas journey.
    If you live in Hong Kong and would like your dad to visit you for more than 7 days, he needs to submit ID1003a and ID1003b to the Chinese consulate in Italy to get an entry permit for HK in his PRC passport. Still no entry-exit document required. Takes around 4 weeks to process.

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services...ngement.html#c
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 04-04-2021 at 10:15 AM.
    Morrison likes this.

I don't know the processing times as I never bothered to pay any attention to that stuff. I have no idea if you can apply for this outside of China. I think it is better to visit the consulate to ask these questions.

You mention that you want to bring your father with you. Is there a special reason? I have been thinking about this. Are you his primary caregiver? If he has to live with you then it may be better to stay in Italy right now.

If it isn't an important reason for him to come, have him wait until next year. Hopefully travel will be easier (no more quarantines). Since he is a PRC citizen, I don't think he has any options to live with you in HK. Only visit every month.

He has a better chance to pull it off as an Italian citizen but only after HK and Macao relax the quarantine rules.

emx likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast