Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 3 Post By pin
  • 4 Post By pin

Helper Visa renewal?

Closed Thread

Helper Visa renewal?

Hired our helper last March.

Her previous employer was leaving the country, so it wasn't break contract. Her visa stated that she had to leave HK by May 2021, however this isn't going to happen now during Covid.

In addition her passport is up for renewal in September.

She's got an appointment with the Filipino Consulate on 11 May for the passport renewal and her visa runs out on 12 May.

The consulate has told her that she should get a letter from me to explain the situation, and go to HK immigration with the letter after submitting her passport renewal.

Bit of a loss what to do on this one.

Any suggestions. Will also call immigration tomorrow.

Write a letter requesting to delay her home leave for a year because of COVID. Her previous employer should have done that, but shouldn't be a problem. Make an appointment and bring the letter to ImmD yourself together with ID91 to request an extension of stay for her.

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/forms/forms/id91.html

pin, shri and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Write a letter requesting to delay her home leave for a year because of COVID. Her previous employer should have done that, but shouldn't be a problem. Make an appointment and bring the letter to ImmD yourself
    Thanks. We employed her last March (2020).

I'll arrange an appointment with Immigration. Presume sticker will have to go into her new passport though?

Also seems I can apply online for this:

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services...rtrenewal.html

Thanks to @Editor for this.

mrgoodkat, Editor and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Thanks. We employed her last March (2020).

I'll arrange an appointment with Immigration. Presume sticker will have to go into her new passport though?
    Sorry, I didn't read that correctly. In that case I think you should be able to apply for the deferral online. She should have applied for a new passport earlier. You need to write a support letter confirming that she is still being employed by your under contract number xxxxx for her visa extension.

https://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immi...tecontract.htm

Applied online, let's see what happens.

Just to update, received the General Demand Note today by email. Very efficient.

shri, rani, hongkong7 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Just to update, received the General Demand Note today by email. Very efficient.
    Thanks the update : I need to do this too shortly : very useful to know

For those who applied for helper visa renewal online, how long did it take for you to get an acknowledgement of your submission? We went to check progress of the application it said we need a reference number - which we don’t have as no acknowledgement yet.

We applied online nearly 2 weeks ago and the online submission was successful (according to the website).

Thanks.