Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Dependent Visa Question

Dependent Visa Question

Hi Guys,

I have a situation where my girlfriend and child is not in Hong Kong. I am unable to travel due to COVID to get my legal marriage papers sorted. I have already registered my relation in the home office in Hong Kong plus she and my child gets all the medical benefits from my organization regardless where they are. Now my question is do I really have to wait till flights are normal fly back get my legal paper sorted come back apply for the dependent visa or do we know if we have any other way to sort this out. Many thanks for the expertise jumping into answering this.

Unfortunately yes. I know of no way round it. A friend’s girlfriend and child recently had to go back to the Philippines, they can’t get married as she is still trying to get an annulment of her previous marriage. You can at least get married but will have to leave here to do that and quarantine on the way back.
    Girlfriend has no status for dependant visa in HK.

No marriage no dependent visa for your GF.

Are you the father of the kid, if yes and you have legal documents to prove it then your child should be able to get dependent visa through you.

aw451 likes this.

Hi thanks for the reply my question to be more specific was "is there a way to get the legal marriage can be when two people are in two diff country"? I am not sure, it is just a question that COVID some kind of exception for this registration.

Yes I am the father of the kid off course and I have all the legal papers however I cant just apply for the Kid. So need to sort it in a way I apply for both of them at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin10:
    Hi thanks for the reply my question to be more specific was "is there a way to get the legal marriage can be when two people are in two diff country"? I am not sure, it is just a question that COVID some kind of exception for this registration.
    So you want to get married ? Then no choice to travel and to be in the same country to get married in person. Then only after that you can apply for the dependent visa with the marriage official papers.

Proxy marriage not accepted in HK. You both have to be present she can’t come here so you will have to go there. Only other possibility may be that she can get a student visa, people seem to be getting into HK on those.