Like Tree9Likes

Working before Employment Visa is activated?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I face the similar situation, now I am in US will stay for a while before going back to Hongkong to activate my dependant visa. My husband's dependant visa will not expire until next year(I was the employment visa holder before) so no problem for him. But my daughter's visa actually will expire soon, she needs to reenter Hong Kong to activate new visa, which is really frustrated me as she is too young to have vaccine, its not safe for her to go abroad also she will need to do 21 quarantine. We want to check immigrants to see if we can extend her old visa or activate her new visa in hk, but none seems easy. The whole situation really sucks. Maybe we just let her stay hk with no visa activation?

Also if I work in hk later, while my company is an US company, the payroll is from US. Does this company needs to do anything for me working remotely in hk?

Quote Originally Posted by ppqq:
    Also if I work in hk later, while my company is an US company, the payroll is from US. Does this company needs to do anything for me working remotely in hk?
    You will need to have a valid visa enabling you to work in HK even if employer is overseas, but seems you will have a dependant visa.

Is your daughter already in HK? If so she shouldn't need to exit and reenter just to renew an existing dependant visa.

I'm confused as to who is now the sponsor though? You say you're going to move from an employment to a dependant visa, but you also say your husband is still on a dependant visa until next year?

I face the similar situation, now I am in US will stay for a while before going back to Hongkong to activate my dependant visa. My husband's dependant visa will not expire until next year(I was the employment visa holder before) so no problem for him. But my daughter's visa actually will expire soon, she needs to reenter Hong Kong to activate new visa, which is really frustrated me as she is too young to have vaccine, its not safe for her to go abroad also she will need to do 21 quarantine. We want to check immigrants to see if we can extend her old visa or activate her new visa in hk, but none seems easy. The whole situation really sucks. Maybe we just let her stay hk with no visa activation?

See this:
    https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/message_.../20201231.html

Because job change I now convert from work visa to dependant visa. My daughter is always on dependant visa.

Because job change I now convert from work visa to dependant visa. My daughter is always on dependant visa.
    Yes I gathered that, I was asking who will be sponsoring your dependant visa if your husband is also on a dependant visa until next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Yes I gathered that, I was asking who will be sponsoring your dependant visa if your husband is also on a dependant visa until next year?
    It is what that is. His dependant visa will expire next year. We already got new visa stamp for my family sponserd by my hhusband's company - yet to be activated. The visa officer said there is no requirement we activate the visa at the same time... He didn't say the new visa stamp will void old visa before activation.

It is what that is. His dependant visa will expire next year. We already got new visa stamp for my family sponserd by my hhusband's company - yet to be activated. The visa officer said there is no requirement we activate the visa at the same time... He didn't say the new visa stamp will void old visa before activation.
    Right I get it now. Your husband is moving to an employment visa.

Talk to your case officer who is processing the GEP and Dependent Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by cuihua:
    Talk to your case officer who is processing the GEP and Dependent Visa.
    We tried, no luck.