Like Tree9Likes

Working before Employment Visa is activated?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Don't waste time speaking to a middle ranking case officer who cannot do anything to change policy who will not rock the boat for you and just has to follow the rules.

Write to , email and call from top down. Also, email the secretary addressed to them.

Secondly, what nationality are you ? Contact your country's chamber of commerce. You won't be the only person going through this. When you write your letter to immigration, write down how much tax you pay each year. Won't help but at least it shows that you have contributed to HK now you have to leave to expose yourself to a virus. Also, some might say it is discrimination because if you were a foreign domestic helper you would be allowed to stay ?????????

https://tel.directory.gov.hk/index_IMMD_ENG.html

Thanks for the great suggestions. Wish officers in immigration department can have as much empathy too. Our case officer told us first we don't suppose to go to office, they don't handle personal request, secondly we signed letter stating we will reenter hk to activate the visa when submit application.

Don't want to break rules or ask for exception, I read people in this forum in and out Dubai to activate visa. But when it comes to my child's safety I will try all means to get the thing solved. If domestic helper doesn't have to leave HK when change job, what we ask is not too much I guess.

(sorry about hijacking this tread, I will report back if there's progress)

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    Don't waste time speaking to a middle ranking case officer who cannot do anything to change policy who will not rock the boat for you and just has to follow the rules.

Write to , email and call from top down. Also, email the secretary addressed to them.

Secondly, what nationality are you ? Contact your country's chamber of commerce. You won't be the only person going through this. When you write your letter to immigration, write down how much tax you pay each year. Won't help but at least it shows that you have contributed to HK now you have to leave to expose yourself to a virus. Also, some might say it is discrimination because if you were a foreign domestic helper you would be allowed to stay ?????????

https://tel.directory.gov.hk/index_IMMD_ENG.html