Over 18 children visa

Over 18 children visa

Hi all, my wife has bern offered a position in Hong Kong and is keen to take it up. We have 2 late teenage children though.
    I've had a quick look on here and a dig about the Internet but can't see anything about a visa allowing over 18 year old kids to join or come with you. They are currently not in full time education, full time employment actually and if possible would obviously like to earn in HK if they can.
    Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks
    Craig

Someone may turn up with an exception, but the listed criteria for dependents is "unmarried dependent children under 18"...

https://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/ID(E)998.pdf

If they were are currently under 18 it's fine. You can then keep renewing their visas. If they have already reached the age of 18 they will have to come on their own merit and the only realistic way would to get a student visa while studying here.

My wife's potential employer also suggested they applied for a 'Working Holiday' visa. I'm assuming as this is a tourist based visa that it won't be an option at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggysam:
    My wife's potential employer also suggested they applied for a 'Working Holiday' visa. I'm assuming as this is a tourist based visa that it won't be an option at this time?
    Perhaps your company needs the valuable opinion of a young westerner for marketing? Could you employer employ them?

Doubtful, it's a Kindergarten headship my wife has been offered. They have no experience in the field plus, I'm assuming this part though, they couldn't work there as their boss would be their Mum. That's the way it was in Qatar. Worth a punt though.

Working holiday visas have been granted even during the pandemic (was an issue in the quarantine support group as one WHV person tested positive on arrival and was being charged foreigner rates for hospitalization- so do check into your insurance options if you do this). Downside is that it's only for a year but during that time they could find other work (maybe) that would sponsor them or go to school in HK...

Hi all, my wife has bern offered a position in Hong Kong and is keen to take it up. We have 2 late teenage children though.
    I've had a quick look on here and a dig about the Internet but can't see anything about a visa allowing over 18 year old kids to join or come with you. They are currently not in full time education, full time employment actually and if possible would obviously like to earn in HK if they can.
    Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks
    Craig
    Perhaps your kids may consider studying in HK so they can be issued with student visa.

Definitely they aren't eligible for dependant visas.