Like Tree18Likes

Activating New Visa From Within Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I did in country activation this week. Initially the case officer said it’s not possible but my employer wrote a letter and even though the acceptance letter didn’t mention it they activated it at immigration on collection. Good luck

emx, axama, Mary 2 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TerranceD:
    I did in country activation this week. Initially the case officer said it’s not possible but my employer wrote a letter and even though the acceptance letter didn’t mention it they activated it at immigration on collection. Good luck
    what did your employer write in letter?

Quote Originally Posted by ppqq:
    what did your employer write in letter?
    Just not wanting to travel and quarantine during covid due to health risk, cost, risk of bringing covid into the country, and also disruption to the employer.
    shri likes this.

Just an update that may help other people. My family finally got this visa activation ordeal sorted out. There is some back and forth with Immigration and finally the case manager agreed my daughter's visa can be activated in HongKong if both parents activate theirs outside. I end up going to US and back so my visa is activated (I stayed there for a few months for work). My husband got visa to China, so he went in and out to ShenZhen within a day to get his visa activated. No quarantine required on both ends. My daughter got her visa activated after that.

Another relatively painless way to activate visa I can think of is to book "going to nowhere" cruise. I heard people did need to go through immigration when return so that might work too.

shri, Mrs. Jones and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ppqq:
    My husband got visa to China, so he went in and out to ShenZhen within a day to get his visa activated. No quarantine required on both ends.
    This is some great info, what kind of visa did he get to enter SZ?? When was this?? Its great to hear he didnt need to quarantine in SZ and do the turn around.

Where did he apply the SZ visa from??

Others who needs to activate their visas will greatly appreciate your info, will save them from battling IMMG dept or flying home.

He didn't actually get into Shenzhen city I should add. He stopped at where people lineup for buses to quarantine hotel, there is a desk/stand nearby has a sign says 当日返港(same day return to Hongkong), he was asked to fill up some form then wait for maybe an hour, he and a few others were led to the return Hall then wait in queue for another hour going through same process returning Hongkong from Shenzhen.

I don't think visa type matters, he got Q1 visa.

chuckster007 likes this.

The Cruise to nowhere is a good new idea... 8-)