Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By vmlinuz

Please recommend some agencies for work visa application

Closed Thread

Please recommend some agencies for work visa application

Hi all, my boss is looking for some agencies for my work visa application.

Can someone please recommend agencies that you had good experience with?

TIA!

Assuming you are not a borderline case - meaning you have a degree and some commercial experience, and you have been offered a non-junior position - there's really no need to use an agent. Fill in the form, get your employer to provide their information and submit it, and you'll have a visa in a few weeks. It's not that big a deal...

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Hong Kong HK Visa expert - 100% successful rate & Money-back Guarantee

Quite a few people on here have had good luck with VisaPro.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Assuming you are not a borderline case - meaning you have a degree and some commercial experience, and you have been offered a non-junior position - there's really no need to use an agent. Fill in the form, get your employer to provide their information and submit it, and you'll have a visa in a few weeks. It's not that big a deal...
    Yeah I told my future boss this, but he insists to use an agent.
    I believe other big companies also uses agents (like PWC, Deloitte, etc)

We used an agent when we arrived. They cost a fortune, slowed down our applications, make life difficult for us and were a right pain in the neck to deal with. We now do it 100% DIY. MUCH PREFERABLE!

I perfectly agree.. agents r useless and waste of money..you can do it urself..it is very easy..

Personally I'm seriously considering using an agent, but I'm not sure which one. Last time my work visa application was declined as I 'didn't bring any special skills to HK', despite my having 3.5 years industry experience in similar fields to my current one and not many locals having UK property finance/UK Life Insurance experience. It basically meant that I do not have a degree, so I am borderline in the eyes of the government. They gave me a training visa which expires in February.

So if anyone can recommend an agency or can help in an any way please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by weswebb:
    Personally I'm seriously considering using an agent, but I'm not sure which one. Last time my work visa application was declined as I 'didn't bring any special skills to HK', despite my having 3.5 years industry experience in similar fields to my current one and not many locals having UK property finance/UK Life Insurance experience. It basically meant that I do not have a degree, so I am borderline in the eyes of the government. They gave me a training visa which expires in February.

So if anyone can recommend an agency or can help in an any way please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.
    So you failed to get an employment visa and instead your company processed a training visa for you? And you have been in Hong Kong under this category : "An application for a visa/entry permit to enter the HKSAR for a limited period (not more than 12 months) of training to acquire special skills and knowledge not available in the applicant's country/territory of domicile"?

My experience of training visas is you may get a short extension but there's no converting straight from a training visa to an employment visa as: "the sponsoring company guarantees in writing the maintenance and repatriation of the applicant and that the applicant will receive training in the sponsor's premises until the end of the agreed period, after which the applicant will return to his/her place of residence"

I have only ever once managed to have a person on a training visa and then an employment visa but the training was completed prior to her degree and the employment visa issued after she gained a degree two years later.

If you are hoping to somehow lever the training you have received on the current visa, into continued employment, I haven't heard of this being an option as it's not the intent of the training visa but maybe your employer can present a strong position to the Immigration Department. I think they will need to be careful to ensure that you were only receiving training here and have not been employed in a full-time position, remembering that the key consideration is not taking a position away from a local.

Good luck.