• 3 Post By emx
  • 1 Post By axama
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By cookie09
  • 1 Post By Trebor

Employer withholding GEP application information

Closed Thread

Employer withholding GEP application information

I applied for a GEP visa with a company sponsoring me. They have handled everything so far, and I've personally received no communication from IMMD.

I've been waiting for this visa for a long time now. A few months.

I'm assuming that people who have applied for a GEP visa with an employer sponsoring it have the right to know their visa application #. Right?

A couple days ago I asked the employer to provide the application # to me. I got a generic "let me get back to you" response. This morning I sent them another message, it has gone unanswered.

What kind of shady things can this employer be doing? Don't I at least have a right to know my application # so i can check the visa status updates online by myself? If they're doing shady stuff will I be able to see that on IMMD's online portal? (e.g. what kind of documents they've submitted, dates for everything submitted, etc...) I have no idea what I can or cannot see on IMMD's portal.

This is the main reason I want to know the visa application # anyway. So I can see if there's something they're doing that's not right. For all I know my initial application was officially denied and they've applied for another one without my knowledge.

I'm also in HK presently on a different visa. Can I go to immigration tower with my travel documents and HKID and get this information on my own if the employer refuses to tell me what my case # is?

Is it acceptable for them to not tell me? Anyone else ever dealt with this before?

HK_Katherine likes this.

This sets the foundation of things to come.

Find another employer!

hullexile, axama and HK_Katherine like this.

I would certainly walk into Immd and ask them if they can check the status of the visa application and give you the number.

Worst case tell them you have not heard back and are not sure if they have received the application or not and want to check the status.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Indeed, I don't think this is right, I am suspicious of what's going on. I'm just wondering what I could find out with the application #, since I've never used IMMD's online visa enquiry before, not sure what information it will show.

Quote Originally Posted by axama:
    Indeed, I don't think this is right, I am suspicious of what's going on. I'm just wondering what I could find out with the application #, since I've never used IMMD's online visa enquiry before, not sure what information it will show.
    actually i think they might be concerned that with the # you can access all the info they have submitted which will include sensitive revenue and profit numbers.
    i dont think you can access that but they might believe that erroneously
    axama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I would certainly walk into Immd and ask them if they can check the status of the visa application and give you the number.

Worst case tell them you have not heard back and are not sure if they have received the application or not and want to check the status.
    This is exactly what I would do.

Interesting! Maybe they are concerned if I can see all the documents they submitted in regards to their company's sensitive information. I don't think I'd be shown that on the online portal either but I don't know after all.

The only thing you can see on their portal is the status of the application which will either say something like "pending" or "approved" There is nothing else you can access.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    The only thing you can see on their portal is the status of the application which will either say something like "pending" or "approved" There is nothing else you can access.
    It won't display any dates? Such as date of application submitted, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by axama:
    It won't display any dates? Such as date of application submitted, etc...
    I can’t remember exactly it probably did but not much else