Like Tree25Likes

PR application: Continue waiting or do something?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Fair enough, still wait till end of Sept and most likely you will get the result..

wiz_coco likes this.

You're over thinking this ... relax.

wiz_coco likes this.

Please continue to listen to my previous advice.

Have a beer and chill lol

wiz_coco likes this.

I have a feeling that recommending a glass of rosé and a xanax will resonate better with this one.

wiz_coco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz_coco:
    Hmm, actually let me provide a couple of pieces of relevant information:

- My current passport expires in Dec 2021, so my visa extension is only till Nov 2021 due to some rule in the visa extension process

- I have applied for a passport renewal but that will change my "current/active" passport number when I collect the new passport. I am a bit worried that if I collect my new passport first before the PR in-person document check, they'll ask me to restart the PR process due to new passport number (i will still have my old passport to show them, but i guess my embassy will staple/tear/stamp it to indicate it's old/invalid)
    It will not change anything as your passport is still valid till end of november because you still have a valid visa linked to it......So relax, breath...the week end is coming...
    wiz_coco likes this.

Thank you all for your replies!

The online status has been updated to Invitation to attend the Right of Abode Section for application formalities has been issued

Don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I will say that I am rather relieved. I read somewhere that its possible to online modify/prepone the date, so planning to do that once I receive the invitation letter

Well done! And welcome to a surreal Hotel California of sorts..

Yes, you can modify or request a different date for your appointment - which is usually a formality. Once you get your ROA approved you can wander down to the ID card section and see if they have any walk in quota and get your new ID card sorted on the same day.

This used to be possible pre-Covid, am not too updated on current arrangements which involve multiple levels of queues and holding areas.

(Deleted)

Last edited by Eva C; 13-09-2021 at 11:51 AM. Reason: new thread

It was ridiculously easy last week. I'm not sure if I was lucky, but there was no doubt about the possibility of making the ID card application on the same day as the verification of documents. They simply sent me down from the 21st floor (for the document verification) to the 8th floor for the ID card. I arrived 30 minutes before my appointment and had done all processes before my scheduled time. I just have to go back to pick up my new card.
    The hardest part of the day was finding the correct lifts (and that was actually pretty well signposted to be honest)

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jt501:
    It was ridiculously easy last week. I'm not sure if I was lucky, but there was no doubt about the possibility of making the ID card application on the same day as the verification of documents. They simply sent me down from the 21st floor (for the document verification) to the 8th floor for the ID card. I arrived 30 minutes before my appointment and had done all processes before my scheduled time. I just have to go back to pick up my new card.
    The hardest part of the day was finding the correct lifts (and that was actually pretty well signposted to be honest)
    No you were not really lucky. Everyone who has applied for PR in the last 5-10 years has always said how ridiculously easy it is. Even people like me who have no desire to get PR and would never normally bother to do so, just happen to aquire it because it's the path of least resistance. ie it's easier and cheaper than renewing a work visa. A work visa costs $160, needs some supporting doc from company, have to do again every few years. PR is completely free, no supporting docs required except your passport showing visa's, and then its done once for life.

In other countries, when converting from a temporary visa to permanent resident, usually some hoops to jump through, some money to pay, but for Hong Kong its just something that happens free and easily after 7 years whether you want it or not.
    Sith likes this.