Like Tree1Likes

Dependents under 12

Closed Thread

Dependents under 12

I will be moving to HK from category A country alone and my wife and 3 year old will be joining later.

The HR has told me that since my 3 year old is no vacinnated he can only enter the country with me but not with my wife. However, she can travel alone.

I couldn't find any such rule so can anyone confirm this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaya:
    I will be moving to HK from category A country alone and my wife and 3 year old will be joining later.

The HR has told me that since my 3 year old is no vacinnated he can only enter the country with me but not with my wife. However, she can travel alone.

I couldn't find any such rule so can anyone confirm this for me.
    You don't give enough information to help you.

Hi. What additional information do you want?

Basically the hr is saying that my 3 yr old can only enter the country with me if he is not vaccinated.

If he tries to come to hk later when my wife comes they won't allow him to enter. Wanted to inquire if this is correct?

Thank you. That's exactly what I was wondering

Ignoring which category country you are coming from, the rule is any one below 12 years old or any kid that has not been vaccinated will need to quarantine 21 days. Therefore they need to be staying with a parent be it wife or husband because no hotel will allow a minor to stay alone (some hotel allow a certain teenager age to be alone, I think 16 above)

You never mention what visa status is your wife, if they are not holding a resident visa, ie they are coming as tourist and applying visa when in HK, then your HR is right, she cannot board the flight because only HK resident from high risk countries are allowed in. Non-resident can only come from medium risk countries provided they are fully vaccinated

I'm coming on work permit and wife and child as dependents on dependent visa

Wife and child has HK Visa stuck to their passport now? if yes, they are resident, if no they are not

Yes the sticker is here