Like Tree23Likes

Long wait for dependent visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    18

    Angry Long wait for dependent visa

    Hello!

    I want to ask something related to my case, if anyone have experienced about this or someone have knowledge about this, so kindly reply.

    I was a domestic helper in Hong Kong and married there with Local HongKonger.
    we have been together for a year and get married.
    After married I came back to my home country because my domestic helper visa soon going to expire, and then My Wife applied dependent visa.
    Now it’s more than six months since she applied visa but still not approved.. it’s so frustrating checking everyday on website and it’s in progress..
    Her Salary is 23k and have enough savings in her bank account.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    29,528

    Have they asked for any other documents?

    Have you submitted proof of genuine relationship such as photos, letters, etc.?

    I would get your partner in Hong Kong to contact them by phone or in person to find out what is the current situation.

    shri likes this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    18

    Yeah we submitted everything already what immigration ask.
    firstly they send acknowledgment letter then after few weeks they ask for additional documents, we submitted all documents in May/2021. But after that no response from immigration. We also contacted with case officer, she said wait


  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    29,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny1:
    Yeah we submitted everything already what immigration ask.
    firstly they send acknowledgment letter then after few weeks they ask for additional documents, we submitted all documents in May/2021. But after that no response from immigration. We also contacted with case officer, she said wait
    I know it is really difficult but you will have to wait. They are always very suspicious of domestic helpers getting married to locals because in their minds it could be a marriage of convenience (I am not saying your marriage is, but it does happen).

    I had to wait a long time too but it came good in the end. Immigration are not bad people, just slow if you are from the wrong country.
    chuckster007, Bunny1 and lyka77 like this.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,748
    Original Post Deleted
    Probably thought it was going to be fast and easy process to get a dependent visa so why bother being a helper again
    hike and Bunny1 like this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    18

    At first We thought it took 3-4 Months or Maximum 6 Months, so We were so patient until 6 months but We’re start getting worried now. It’s more than 6 months now.
    they ask for additional documents, we submitted and case officer said you will get response after 4-6 weeks but we haven’t. Then after 6 weeks we again submitted 2-3 documents more, we thought it help to prove our relationship and marriage is real. Until now we haven’t received any letter or any response from immigration..


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I know it is really difficult but you will have to wait. They are always very suspicious of domestic helpers getting married to locals because in their minds it could be a marriage of convenience (I am not saying your marriage is, but it does happen).

    I had to wait a long time too but it came good in the end. Immigration are not bad people, just slow if you are from the wrong country.

    Your case was also same as mine?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Probably thought it was going to be fast and easy process to get a dependent visa so why bother being a helper again
    Yeah you’re right.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    香港特别行政区
    Posts
    2,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny1:
    Then after 6 weeks we again submitted 2-3 documents more, we thought it help to prove our relationship and marriage is real. Until now we haven’t received any letter or any response from immigration..
    Submit what they ask for and nothing more to avoid irrelevant information potentially being used against you. The best thing to do is chase them if they aren't meeting their own deadlines... But don't be annoying. It's a fine line

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    29,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny1:
    Your case was also same as mine?
    No, more complicated, but it got sorted in the end. I went to immigration personally and saw the case officer. He then called in his boss and someone else and they completed it while I waited. But I did have a baby in the Philippines so they were understanding. Don't get angry with them.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast