Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

BNO renewal query

Closed Thread

BNO renewal query

Hello geoexpat,

I have applied for BNO renewal within the UK last month. I have posted my documents including,

old passport

Any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled

a colour copy of both sides of your Hong Kong permanent identity card.

However, the Home Office requested me to send a colour copy of hkid. Tracking says documents were received in September. I sent them another colour copy of both sides of your Hong Kong permanent identity card on 12 Oct.

They sent another email on 16 Oct requesting me to send the documents required without specifying what I needed to send.

The tracker has not updated saying new documents have been received. No new email has been received.

Does the colour copy need to be certified? Do I need to send original copy of hkid? Was the quality of my colour copy not high enough?

I don't know what to do. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Please note we cannot accept photocopied documents and we can only accept laminated documents where the lamination was completed by the issuing authority as a matter of routine.

When I applied for renewal for my mrs and her sister, I sent colour copy of HK ID for both applications and did not need to be certified. The biggest issue I had was taking their damm photos to upload to the system, always kept on getting rejected LOL took many damm attempts.

I would send an email asking WTF they actually want and attach a colour jpeg copy of your HKID in the email back to them asking why it was rejected.

shri likes this.