Like Tree27Likes

HK PR application

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My visa will expire on 2 jul (7 years), if talking about visa extension before applying for PR my wife wont be available here in HK to be my sponsor, what could be the alternative options?

Quote Originally Posted by zayedjoe:
    My visa will expire on 2 jul (7 years), if talking about visa extension before applying for PR my wife wont be available here in HK to be my sponsor, what could be the alternative options?
    If your wife is not in hk on your 7th yr you can still get your PR as long as your still together/married.Regarding the visa extension she still need to sign on the documents so you can get your visa extension

You can get the form in the immigration /website and asked your wife to sign and send it to you before July 2
    so you can apply for visa extension

Quote Originally Posted by lyka77:
    You can get the form in the immigration /website and asked your wife to sign and send it to you before July 2
    so you can apply for a visa extension
    We are separated but not divorced.

so you can apply for visa extension
    Is there a possibility to ask for an extension just to wait for PR result.

We are separated but not divorced.
    Maybe asked her that you still need her to sign your dependent visa extension so you can apply for your PR

Is there a possibility to ask for an extension just to wait for PR result.
    The form for visa extension requires the signature of your sponsor

The form for visa extension requires the signature of your sponsor
    We didn't have any contact for a while, seems thats impossible to sponsor the extension

Quote Originally Posted by william21:
    I'm on my 3rd Dependent Visa (i.e 1y/3y/3y), how long before the visa expire can I apply for HK Permanent Resident? How long will it take for the application process?
    You can apply your PR on the following day of your 7th year on my case
    my visa expires 14/11/21 so i applied for visa extension 1month before it expires then on 15/11/21 i applied for my PR got it on 16/12/21

We didn't have any contact for a while, seems thats impossible to sponsor the extension
    Maybe go to the immigration and asked if there are other options so you can get your visa extension for your PR
    Last edited by lyka77; 05-05-2022 at 10:20 PM.