Like Tree27Likes

HK PR application

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Be careful and think twice before declaring to immgiration, this might seem like marriage of convenience in absence of credible evidences which might be difficult to produce depending on what the officer asks on the day.. Would rather suggest immigration lawyer ASAP, to be on safe side..

lyka77 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jabalong:
    From past discussion around here, I recall the main implications of being downgraded to Right to Land as having to pay higher stamp duty, not eligible for government handouts, not able to vote and subject to deportation if convicted of a crime with a sentencing of more than two years.
    Do you mean PR is not subject of deportation even if convicted of crime in another country ?

I don't think so but not sure.

Where you get this statement written ?

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Do you mean PR is not subject of deportation even if convicted of crime in another country ?

I don't think so but not sure.

Where you get this statement written ?
    You cannot be deported from HK if you commit a crime in HK. You serve your sentence here and then continue to remain here as an ex-convict if you chose.

If you're on a visa or conditional stay, you will be sent back home after serving your sentence.

(As far as I know.. don't commit a crime to test this out!)

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    You cannot be deported from HK if you commit a crime in HK. You serve your sentence here and then continue to remain here as an ex-convict if you chose.

If you're on a visa or conditional stay, you will be sent back home after serving your sentence.

Yes, that's understandable but what if someone having PR, commit crime in another country (not in HK) then will he got deported to that country to face justice? or there will be separate hearing of the case like (Vijay Mallya case) or government will just deny to deport his own resident.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Hahahah, ofcourse, I don't even dare to take out my mask.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Yes, that's understandable but what if someone having PR, commit crime in another country (not in HK) then will he got deported to that country to face justice? or there will be separate hearing of the case like (Vijay Mallya case) or government will just deny to deport his own resident.
    Are you talking about HK extradition law? This applies equally to all people in HK (Chinese citizen, HKPR, work permit holders, tourists, everyone). Nothing to do with PR or not. You can be extradited to any country overseas if you commit a crime in overses country. Of course, there is a process, maybe you can appeal extradition, etc, unless the alleged crime was commited in China, in which case you just magically dissapear one night. Again, applicable regardless if you are PR or not.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Be careful and think twice before declaring to immgiration, this might seem like marriage of convenience in absence of credible evidences which might be difficult to produce depending on what the officer asks on the day.. Would rather suggest immigration lawyer ASAP, to be on safe side..
    Booked a consultation today with lawyer.
    ndt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zayedjoe:
    Booked a consultation today with a lawyer.
    Updating my consultation with the Lawyer: he said he can do it, for whopping 60k hkd,

Im not able to pay that much money

Are you working full time, if so change your dependent visa to an employment visa?

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Are you working full time, if so change your dependent visa to an employment visa?
    Yes im working full time, and I'm thinking to do so.