Like Tree9Likes

Fast VEPIC (PR) application response time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So is it faster if you go and apply in person with rather than doing it online?

Paxbritannia likes this.

Sorry another question; how far in advance of the 7 year mark are you allowed to apply? My wife reaches the 7-year mark in around a week's time. Can I apply today (in person) or should I wait a week?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy88:
    Sorry another question; how far in advance of the 7 year mark are you allowed to apply? My wife reaches the 7-year mark in around a week's time. Can I apply today (in person) or should I wait a week?
    Thanks
    You can apply now/today, but they won't process the application until the 7 year mark is attained.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy88:
    So is it faster if you go and apply in person with rather than doing it online?
    That's my experience, and I'm not surprised - the HK Government runs on analogue, not digital.

For those who went over to Immigration Tower to apply in person, did you receive a reference number on the spot (one that could be used to check the status of the application on the ID website)?

The problem I have is that I applied online 1 week ago (exactly on the 7 year mark). Very straightforward application, only for myself, no absences, didn't submit any supporting docs (shouldn't be needed), only uploaded my HKID and current visa label.

However, all I got was a Transaction Refence Number , which cannot be used for checking the status of the application.

my son applied for Vepic- he was born here like his two siblings and lived all his life here- even so, after reaching age of 18 he has to apply for Vepic The application was submitted 22nd Dec 2021 On 14th Feb we notified immigration he would depart HKG early March for Uni in Australia and could they expedite their interview - nada - so we sent likewise again on 28th Feb showing he was leaving on March 3rd from HKG to Australia. On 9th March, 6 days after he left, we received a letter asking him to report to Immigration 16th March to show his passport and permanent ID card to complete the process! Immigration called up yesterday to say he can do it when he comes back on holiday and that they had been 'closed' for effectively 1 1/2 months for these processes due to Covid .

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    my son applied for Vepic- he was born here like his two siblings and lived all his life here- even so, after reaching age of 18 he has to apply for Vepic .
    Any reason why you didn't apply when he reached the age of 7?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2