Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ndt
  • 1 Post By mistakes_maker

Applying dependent visa for elderly parent

Closed Thread

Applying dependent visa for elderly parent

Hi! i want to asked how long does it take for dependent visa for elderly parent to be approved? I'm PR i send my application letter /documents last feb16. I send them email last April 1 and i got there last reply last April 4 saying that my inquiry has been forwarded to the relevant section.

Your timeline perfectly coincides with Govt implementing roster and WFH, not sure what capacity ImmD was working at during this period but i would assume you should wait for another month, soon Govt going full off roster..

lyka77 likes this.

You're right thank you

I got mine approved within 2 months after submitting the additional supporting documents. It was the peak of covid in HK so probably affected the processing time.

Quote Originally Posted by mistakes_maker:
    I got mine approved within 2 months after submitting the additional supporting documents. It was the peak of covid in HK so probably affected the processing time.
    When did you submit your first application i have not received any letter from the immigration , i got a reply from my email that it was forwarded to the appropriate dept., did they asked for your trans union record?,tnx

Quote Originally Posted by lyka77:
    When did you submit your first application i have not received any letter from the immigration , i got a reply from my email that it was forwarded to the appropriate dept., did they asked for your trans union record?,tnx
    I submitted the initial application in Feb. Got acknowledgement letter and requested additional supporting documents such as money transfer to prove financial support, wechat/whatsapp screenshots, holiday pictures, etc. Submitted those docs on 1 March and got approval today.
    aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mistakes_maker:
    I submitted the initial application in Feb. Got acknowledgement letter and requested additional supporting documents such as money transfer to prove financial support, wechat/whatsapp screenshots, holiday pictures, etc. Submitted those docs on 1 March and got approval today.
    I submitted my application feb16 but haven't got any acknowledgement letter, do you think it's ok to send them another email/inquiry. I just want to know if they have received my application i sent thru registered mail.
    Last edited by lyka77; 21-04-2022 at 06:09 AM.

I need advice on what is the best thing to do i got my case number last friday when i went to the immigration and the lady at the immigration gave me a contact number and person to call because the person incahrge of my dependent visa application for my mum was not around I tried calling the number for almost and hour but nobody answer .I'm thinking of sending an email or going there in person again.Has anyone here had the same experience as mine that they gave you a contact no. and person but you could not reached the person.