Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Grinnie Jax
  • 1 Post By Grinnie Jax

Booking Appointment for extension of VISA

Closed Thread

Post Booking Appointment for extension of VISA

Hi All,

We've ( I with my husband) have applied for extension of VISA on the ground of employment(for my husband and dependent VISA for me) in the first week of April(a month before our VISA expiration) ,2022 as our VISA expire in first week of May. We've been constantly mailing Immigration Department to schedule an appointment for verification of documents but have received no reply as of now. As all Govt. offices opened from 21st April, we were waiting to receive the appointment after 21st Apr but nothing came to us in our favour. As there are 3 working days left for us for verification of document before our VISA expires, I'm anxious about the scenario. I've some travel plans and bookings based on the extension date.

What should I do? Please help.

You better call them. Hotline has a puzzle of steps, but try to get through to human response. I had same issue before, had to push them to understand the status and all.

sw_star likes this.

Hotline has automated enquiry system which will eat up atleast 6-7 minutes then no avail. Have you applied for extension of stay in Apr,2022?

We applied earlier in March. Had to leave them voice messages, then they called me back within 2-3 days. Another day I managed to talk to them directly.

No time left

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    We applied earlier in March. Had to leave them voice messages, then they called me back within 2-3 days. Another day I managed to talk to them directly.
    I've just 3 days left to get the extension done! I have wasted a lot of time waiting for their mail but at this time, there's no option left except for talking with them over phone.

As I understood, since you have already applied for the extension - you can overstay legally because your status is currently under consideration or in process of issuing the extension.

Cheeky Kiwi likes this.