Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Change job, Visa transfer?

Closed Thread

Question Change job, Visa transfer?

Hey guys!
    I am currently employed under a 2 year work visa with a HK company (1 year passed, 1 year left)
    I received an offer from another company and I'd like to switch.
    How does it work?
    Can I just transfer the visa sponsorship?
    How long should it take?

I have a HK ID
    I am currently abroad for the next few months.

Your NEW company has to apply for NEW visa for you, only when its approved can you work for the new company. 4-6 weeks is the normal unless your application needs more justifications by the Immg dept.

shri likes this.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I was going to post a similar question. Does the immigration department look unfavourably on transfer applications when you quit a job before the end of the original contract?

I am in a similar situation as FrancItaly in that I want to quit my job and work with another company.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Your NEW company has to apply for NEW visa for you, only when its approved can you work for the new company. 4-6 weeks is the normal unless your application needs more justifications by the Immg dept.
    Ok got it. Is it a problem that I'm currently out of HK during this visa transfer?

Would it be better if i leave my current job or...? The company I'm working for is willing to help to make the process easier

Quote Originally Posted by O_O:
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I was going to post a similar question. Does the immigration department look unfavourably on transfer applications when you quit a job before the end of the original contract?

I am in a similar situation as FrancItaly in that I want to quit my job and work with another company.
    If you quit, whatever - same as every other company. If you were fired or breached the contract there may be questions. What do you mean by "quit before the end of the original contract"? Did you serve your notice period?